Circle is on a mission to make it possible for everyone, everywhere to create and share value. We're building a new kind of consumer finance using open internet standards and protocols, including blockchain technology, to build our products.
We've already made sending money around the world free and as easy as sending a text with Circle Pay. With Circle Trade, we're market makers for the top crypto currencies and offer OTC trading services. Now, we're expanding our offerings by building a cryptocurrency investment product to enable anyone to buy and sell Bitcoin, Ethereum and other crypto assets.
What does that mean for the global economy? It's more open. More inclusive. And more empowering.
As a Legal Counsel at Circle, you will support commercial, corporate and regulatory work, working closely with the global legal team and report directly to Director of Legal & Business Affairs, EMEA to help build and scale this fast paced high growth business.What you'll work on
What you'll bring to Circle
- Draft, review, and negotiate a wide range of commercial contracts
- Provide pragmatic and business focused legal support to the entire business across all departments across multiple jurisdictions (with a focus on Europe)
- Conduct legal research and keep on top of new industry relevant legislation
- Advise on a broad range of compliance issues
- Deliver commercial and customer-focused solutions to the business
- 1-2 PQE lawyer qualified in England & Wales (or another major European market) - experience in private practise and/or in-house
- Strong academic credentials
- Financial Services / Regulatory experience preferred
- Wider international experience is a bonus (i.e., EMEA and/or Asia)
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English (fluency in one other European languages desirable but not essential)
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Self-starter and ability to prioritise and manage multiple projects in a fast paced environment
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville and we're backed by $140 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat) and Accel Partners.
Check us out at circle.com and download Circle Pay for iOS and Android today.