For the first time in modern history, the 13 trillion dollar financial services industry is being modernized. Blockchain is at the forefront of this revolution. Our software is helping millions across the globe - from single individuals to the largest institutions - access a financial system that is open, accessible and radically more efficient.
We are looking for a Platform Developer to join our growing development team. WHAT YOU WILL DO:
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Work on the most interesting and challenging problems in the bitcoin space.
- Be a part of a dedicated team committed to stability and robustness.
- Build reusable, modular code libraries for use across Blockchain's product line.
- Optimize existing systems for scalability.
- Employ advanced encryption schemes to secure user and company data.
- Design and implement caching systems on a several levels.
- Build large-scale infrastructural data systems using open-source technologies.
- Work on an industry-leading product with millions of users.
- Expose backend data to front-end teams for product development.
COMPENSATION & PERKS:
- The foremost quality for this position or any position at Blockchain is integrity.
- Experience working with Java and relational databases in an enterprise environment.
- Understanding of algorithms, data structures, databases and large-scale websites.
- You thrive on learning new technologies and don't believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You should be able to adapt easily to meet the needs of our massive growth and rapidly evolving business environment.
- An understanding of how all the pieces fit together (front-end, database, network layer, etc.) and how they impact the performance of your application.
- You pride yourself on efficient monitoring, strong documentation and proper test coverage.
- You believe that you can achieve more on a team - that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
- Full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company.
- Catered lunches on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
- The opportunity to be a key player and build your career at a rapidly expanding, global technology company in an exciting, emerging industry.
- Great office location in London (Shoreditch) or New York (Soho).
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- Apple Equipment.
- Resume, CV, and/or your LinkedIn profile.
- Link to Github or Stackoverflow.
- Personal websites or blogs (if applicable).
- Links to past projects, a portfolio, or piece of work you're proud of.
- Your favorite GIF.