Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world .
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Coinbase is looking for a highly motivated finance professional to join our Finance team and play a key role in our continued growth and achievement of operational excellence. In this key position, you will report to the VP of FP&A, supporting the Corporate FP&A function and act as team owner of Anaplan, our planning tool. The ideal candidate is extremely detail-oriented, well-organized, has the ability to multitask, possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills and thrives in a fun, fast-paced, results-oriented environment. What you'll be doing (ie. job duties):
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Report and analyze consolidated monthly business results (revenue, expenses and headcount), including reviewing forecast variances to actuals and communicating important takeaways to Senior Leadership.
- Develop dashboards to surface strategic insights, trends, and metrics, providing recommendations where relevant.
- Serve as key liaison between FP&A and Enterprise Systems team as the owner of our planning tool (Anaplan). Drive system enhancements by translating business needs into technical requirements. Lead initiatives to continuously improve, automate and scale forecasting and reporting tools, processes, and methodologies.
- Collaborate with HR/People team to identify process improvements for headcount management. Analyze metrics and improve forecasting accuracy for compensation related expenses.
- Partner with Accounting to perform month-end close activities and help drive process improvements and efficiencies in close process.
- Assist in developing and executing the quarterly and annual financial planning processes - Contribute meaningfully to quarterly forecast and budget planning cycles, including coordinating with all stakeholders, providing corporate inputs, and preparing relevant deliverables.
- Assist with ad hoc projects and key analysis requests
Nice to haves:
- Minimum 3+ years professional work experience in corporate finance (specifically financial planning & analysis), accounting and/or investment banking
- Advanced Excel and financial modeling experience
- Ability to work autonomously and as a self-starter
- Adaptable and able to react quickly to changing business needs
- Can think strategically while managing with a sense of urgency through ambiguities
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills. Need to be able to explain complex processes or models in a concise, consumable format
- High attention to detail with an ability to multitask in a high growth environment
- An attitude to challenge the status quo with a desire to consistently raise the bar
- B.S. or B.A. in Business, Finance, or Accounting
- Working knowledge of related accounting policies preferred
- Passion for cryptocurrency, financial markets, and the Coinbase mission
- FP&A experience in financial industry
- Anaplan Model Builder certification
- Experience with Anaplan, Netsuite, Workday
- CPA / CFA
- Project management experience
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency , Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here) .
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU , United Kingdom , and California . By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.