Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world .
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
The Global Benefits Program Lead will provide day to day support of the company's global benefits for all non-North America locations including - medical, welfare, retirement and perks. This role is also responsible for the policy development and governance for all global time off programs including leave of absence and holidays.
Our ideal candidate is highly organized and an experienced team player with a true talent and passion for collaboration. You are excited to manage global benefit programs and communications. You are resourceful, taking the initiative to pursue and identify any inconsistencies and independently research solutions. You are a creative, efficient, and positive problem solver who relishes the opportunity to jump into problems and continuously look for opportunities to deliver a more streamlined solution. You can go into the weeds to understand the granular details of your processes, and pull up to effectively communicate and escalate issues to stakeholders at various levels of the organization.
This position reports to the Director, Global Benefits & Mobility. If you are excited about working across our HR team to deliver on fast-paced and high impact integration projects, we'd love to talk to you! What you'll be doing:
What we look for in you:
- Assist in the development and administration of all international benefits for all non North America locations. This includes developing short and long term objectives, best practices and framework for global programs
- Act as a primary resource to employee's international benefits questions to ensure a quick and courteous resolution. Partner with local broker and/or conduct benefits orientations for all non North America locations
- Project manage the development and implementation of new country specific benefits as we scale
- Review program effectiveness using benefits data from local brokers, consultants or other sources to help drive strategic business decisions within the organization
- Create and update plan documentation, company global benefit policies and partner with Director, Global Benefits & Mobility to establish best practices for benefits delivery
- Assist with all global benefits RFP's, vendor selection, contracting and ongoing monitoring of plans
- Partner with Global Mobility Manager and other internal stakeholders on international benefit matters pertaining to employee's benefits for immigration cases and country transfers
- Partner closely with key leaders across the business: all regional leaders, People team, Finance, Payroll, Mobility and legal to understand business needs related to global benefits
- Monitor performance of service providers and various brokers and hold them accountable for performance measures
- Develop and maintain the global benefits budget and monitor timing of various contract renewals along with brokers
Nice to haves:
- 5 -7 years of International Benefits experience in a fast-paced environment
- Thorough understanding of global benefits retirement and benefits laws and regulations to drive strategy, philosophy and compliance efforts
- Self-directed and able to manage multiple programs and projects simultaneously. Experience supporting global benefits operations. Must be flexible in order to provide employee support in various time zones
- Strong communication and presentation skills and can collaborate, develop partnerships with brokers, managers and employees
- Experience in a high-growth tech company preferred
- Experience with U.S. Benefits in order to cross functionally support the U.S. team.
- Experience in a startup culture - comfortable with ambiguity and non-stop problem solving, building and action
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency , Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here) .
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU , United Kingdom , and California . By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.