ConsenSys is the leading Ethereum software company. We enable developers, enterprises, and people worldwide to build next-generation applications, launch modern financial infrastructure, and access the decentralized web. Our product suite, composed of Infura, Quorum, Codefi, MetaMask, and Diligence, serves millions of users, supports billions of blockchain-based queries for our clients, and has handled billions of dollars in digital assets. Ethereum is the largest programmable blockchain in the world, leading in business adoption, developer community, and DeFi activity. On this trusted, open source foundation, we are building the digital economy of tomorrow. To explore our products and solutions, visit http://consensys.net/ . About the Codefi product group
Codefi is at the forefront of the blockchain fintech revolution. It builds, deploys and runs critical applications across both Enterprise and crypto/DeFi, multiple blockchain verticals (digital assets, payments, workflows, data, staking, Ethereum 2.0), as well as ConsenSys's other industry leading products, including MetaMask, Quorum and Infura. The Codefi team is composed of multiple decentralised product teams across all verticals distributed across Europe and US and working mostly remotely.
With our products like MetaMask, Infura, and Quorum serving as gateways for over a million worldwide users to interact with new blockchain and "DeFi" applications like Uniswap, Maker, Compound, we need innovative problem solvers who are interested in tackling the complex challenges that exist in the blockchain and financial ecosystems and scaling developer and user-facing systems to tens of millions of users. Responsibilities
- Interpret data (on-chain Ethereum data incl. Higher-order data and off-chain data) and analyze results using statistical techniques
- Provide ongoing analysis and reporting
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain datasets
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Filter and "clean" data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
Bonus Points for any of:
- 4y+ proven working experience as a Data Analyst
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Strong knowledge of and experience with databases (SQL, etc), programming (Python, Scala, R) and ETL frameworks
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Cryptography (for instance Ethereum-related: ECDSA: Secp256k1, BLS: Boneh-Lynn-Shacham - Signature scheme; Barreto-Lynn-Scott - BLS12-381, General: Pairing; Signature aggregation; HD Wallets; Shamir's secret sharing).
- Understanding of the Ethereum 1.0 Protocol, on-chain storage and data structures.
- Understanding of the Ethereum 2.0 Phase 0 Protocol concept.
Python, Scala, R
Don't check all of the boxes? Don't sweat it. We're passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you've got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment-apply anyway. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we're ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role. Why join ConsenSys? Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys
- One of the most recognized tech companies in the blockchain ecosystem globally. A work experience at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your future career. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
- The forefront of a revolution. We fundamentally believe blockchain is a next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society. You can be a part of building the digital economy of tomorrow and radically transforming our society for the better.
- A dynamic startup environment with deep roots. We are one of the earliest blockchain companies and a leader in the space. You'll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem.
- Deep technical challenges. Blockchain technology is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. We are building the tools, infrastructure and applications l that are pushing the technology forward.
- Continuous learning and improvements. You'll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas and frameworks from your peers and as you work on different projects - challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here.