JOB TITLE: Platform Developer
LOCATION: London, UK
SALARY PACKAGE: Competitive
OPENING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Monday 11 September 2017
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Tuesday 10 October 2017
Blockchain is looking for a Platform Developer to join our growing development team.WHAT YOU WILL DO:
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Work on the most interesting and challenging problems in the bitcoin space.
- Be a part of a dedicated team committed to stability and robustness.
- Build reusable, modular code libraries for use across Blockchain's product line.
- Optimize existing systems for scalability.
- Employ advanced encryption schemes to secure user and company data.
- Design and implement cryptocurrency exchange systems on several levels.
- Build large-scale infrastructural data systems using open-source technologies.
- Work on an industry-leading product with millions of users.
- Expose backend data to front-end teams for product development.
- The foremost quality for this position or any position at Blockchain is integrity.
- Experience working with Java and relational databases in an enterprise environment, including experience with large databases of complex financial format type.
- Experience using custom framework and horizontal database partitioning.
- Understanding of algorithms, object oriented analysis, data structures, databases and large-scale websites.
- You thrive on learning new technologies and don't believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. Demonstrated ability to work with remote and distributed teams over several geographies, languages and cultures.
- An understanding of how all the pieces fit together (front-end, database, network layer, etc.) and how they impact the performance of your application.
- You pride yourself on efficient monitoring, strong documentation, and proper test coverage.
- Experience building trading and market analysis tools.
- You understand requirements beyond the written word.
- Relevant technologies: Java, gradle, git, go, docker, jenkins or other CI systems, C++, SQL, JDBC.
- Masters degree in Computer Science.
- Experience creating or contributing to open source software projects.
- Resume, CV, and/or your LinkedIn profile.
- Link to Github, Stackoverflow, past projects, a portfolio, or piece of work you're proud of.
- Personal websites or blogs (if applicable).
- Your favorite GIF.