Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle's platform has supported over 100 million transactions worth tens of billions of dollars, with nearly 10 million retail customers, over a thousand businesses, while storing and securing more than $5 billion in digital currency assets. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which together with Coinbase and the Centre Consortium oversees the standards and protocol for what has become the fastest growing, regulated, fully-reserved stablecoin. USDC now stands at well over $10 billion market cap and is adding nearly $300 million net new digital dollars in circulation every week. Today, Circle's transactional services, business accounts, and platform APIs are giving rise to a new generation of financial services and commerce applications that hold the promise of raising global economic prosperity for all through programmable internet commerce. What you'll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce, Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity. What you'll be responsible for:
As a Lead Product Manager on the Circle API team, you will build APIs and platform capabilities that power our customers' next generation payments and treasury needs by harnessing crypto assets and blockchain technology. You will work closely with engineering, partner financial institutions, as well as a broad set of internal teams to conceive and launch services that are used by thousands of developers and impact millions of end users around the world. What you'll work on:
You will aspire to our four core values:
- You will conceive and build platform features that deliver on our customers' payments and treasury needs. You will contribute to Circle's API product vision, feature set and roadmap.
- You will expand Circle's platform capabilities by constantly evolving its breadth of connectivity to traditional payments and banking rails in multiple regions around the world.
- You will routinely interact with customers' business, product and engineering teams to deeply understand their needs, and translate those into business cases, feature themes, product requirements and roadmaps.
- You will collaborate with various teams across Circle, sharing customer pain points and discussing new product ideas, communicating product vision, strategy and roadmaps, and gaining alignment as well as unblocking progress.
- You will collaborate intensively with compliance, legal and treasury teams within Circle, to incorporate their specific requirements into the build out of new payments processing and banking connectivity capabilities.
- You will assist in managing relationships with partner financial institutions and providers that Circle relies on for connectivity to payments rails around the world.
- You will manage multiple parallel projects and iterations alongside engineering, and ensure the delivery of feature releases.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
- You are a creative product mind, an avid problem solver and a highly collaborative team member.
- You have more than 5 years of product management experience, having shipped and successfully scaled API products, platform services or technology stacks.
- You have experience building products that process transactions over traditional payments and banking rails around the world such as Visa / Mastercard card networks, ACH, SEPA, BACS, Faster Payments, etc.
- You have extensive experience dealing with partner banks or payments processing companies.
- You deeply understand the compliance requirements involved with payments and banking connectivity. You ideally have experience working in Payments Facilitation or NACHA Third-party Sender contexts.
- You are a fantastic communicator both verbally and in writing. You are used to effectively interfacing with customers and executives, as well as architects and developers.
- You have a computer science degree, prior software engineering or very strong technical work experience.
- You are detail-oriented, highly analytical and comfortable digging into large datasets.
- You are a self-starter and fast-moving when it comes to putting plans into motion - you don't need to work from a script.
- Ideally you have experience with virtual / physical card issuance programs.
We are an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.