Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world .
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role. What You'll Be Doing (i.e., Job Duties)
What We Look For In You (ie. Job Requirements)
- You will be responsible for executing internal controls testing in support of the Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) 404 Compliance Program. This includes identifying and evaluating the effectiveness of the key controls, documenting testing results, ensuring supporting documents corroborate the test results.
- Assist in the execution of internal audits including audit planning, detailing control procedures, and the related testing and reporting in accordance with professional and departmental standards - including financial (i.e. Sarbanes-Oxley testing) and operational projects.
- Build trust and maintain positive relationships with internal partners and cross-functional teams
- Coordinate process walk-throughs with functional business partners and external auditors.
- Update/ create process flowcharts/ narratives, Risk Control Matrix, etc. in a timely manner.
- Prepare clear, accurate and complete workpapers in accordance with quality standards; meet project timelines and deliverable due dates
- Help to drive SOX deficiencies to closure
- Identify audit issues and perform root cause analysis with practical corrective solutions
- As necessary, perform follow-up on assigned audit report action plans to ensure that the business partners have completed agreed upon action
- Prepare periodic dashboard to keep management apprised of testing status and escalate any exceptions / key issues.
- Perform other duties, special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent
- Minimum 2-3 years of Internal Audit/SOX audit experience including cloud
- CPA, CIA, CISA or similar certification a plus
- Strong technical skills including GAAP, ITGC, Risks, Controls, Operational Processes
- Proficient in Google Suite (Sheets, Docs, Slides), Visio/LucidCharts
- Able to partner across the organization (Finance, IT, Compliance, External Audit etc.)
- Must be detailed oriented; able to work independently and collaborate cross-functionally
- Solid analytical, and research skills.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to details.
- Highly organized, enthusiastic, and motivated.