Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle's platform has supported over 100 million transactions worth tens of billions of dollars, with nearly 10 million retail customers, over a thousand businesses, while storing and securing more than $5 billion in digital currency assets. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which together with Coinbase and the Centre Consortium oversees the standards and protocol for what has become the fastest growing, regulated, fully-reserved stablecoin. USDC now stands at well over $10 billion market cap and is adding nearly $300 million net new digital dollars in circulation every week. Today, Circle's transactional services, business accounts, and platform APIs are giving rise to a new generation of financial services and commerce applications that hold the promise of raising global economic prosperity for all through programmable internet commerce. What you'll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce, Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity. What you'll be responsible for:
As a Senior Manager, Risk Analytics, you'll join a data-driven risk team focused on helping Circle scale its products while providing the best possible customer experience and mitigating the associated risks. You will play a critical role in evolving our risk analytics at Circle and growing the team. We're looking for ambitious, highly motivated individuals who are seeking a collaborative, iterative, and fast-paced environment. What you'll work on:
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Lead, mentor and grow a high-performing team of data analysts.
- Develop relationships and work with many key stakeholders, both internally and externally, to manage Circle's fraud risk effectively.
- Design, calculate and monitor risk OKRs / goals and KPIs.
- Partner closely with product and engineering teams to drive the enhancement of data tools available to data analysts at Circle ensuring data integrity and completeness.
- Evaluate emerging risks, analyze key risk trends and lead the development of effective risk management in enabling business growth initiatives.
- Manage software stack of automated monitors and alerts to keep tabs on any abnormalities in customer behavior, risk-rule efficiency and performance.
- Lead the design, implementation and maintenance of intuitive risk dashboards that deliver valuable insights for enabling data-driven decision making.
- Drive automation of risk processes with the relevant tools to ensure scalability of all risk operations.
- Support all other Risk Team workload where required (i.e onboarding, documentation, customer support, troubleshooting, etc).
What you'll bring to Circle:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
- 5+ years of experience as an analytics manager.
- 3+ years of experience with people management.
- Advanced SQL (postgreSQL, Redshift, Athena) and coding (Python) skills required to extract data from a variety of data sources.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to transform data into a dynamic narrative.
- Strong stakeholder management skills including navigating difficult situations, negotiating deadlines, and influencing internal and external stakeholders.
- A self starter. Ability to take initiative and find creative and scalable ways to solve problems.
- Experience working in payments, risk or chargeback /fraud role a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.