Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle's platform has supported over 100 million transactions worth tens of billions of dollars, with nearly 10 million retail customers, over a thousand businesses, while storing and securing more than $5 billion in digital currency assets. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which together with Coinbase and the Centre Consortium oversees the standards and protocol for what has become the fastest growing, regulated, fully-reserved stablecoin. USDC now stands at well over $10 billion market cap and is adding nearly $300 million net new digital dollars in circulation every week.Today, Circle's transactional services, business accounts, and platform APIs are giving rise to a new generation of financial services and commerce applications that hold the promise of raising global economic prosperity for all through programmable internet commerce. What you'll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce, Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity. What you'll be responsible for:
As the VP of Corporate Communications for Circle, you will be responsible for crafting key narratives, messaging and earned media strategies that bolster and defend the company's global reputation. You will build and manage a network of agency partners that enable Circle to engage deeply with members of the press around the world. You will recruit, hire and manage an internal communications team that works cross functionally across Marketing, Finance and Public Affairs to advance our go-to-market objectives, coordinate and amplify investor communications, and support our global policy agenda. You will establish leadership platforms for Circle executives including op-ed placement, broadcast commentary, and the company's speakers bureau. What you'll work on:
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Media relations strategy and execution across influencer, trade and business press
- Relationship building with editors, producers, and reporters in key markets and industry segments
- Investor relations and financial communications
- Speaking engagements for Circle executives at industry trade shows and conferences
- Brand monitoring and rapid response
- Crisis communications planning and preparedness
- Thought leadership and agenda setting
What you'll bring to Circle:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
- 15+ years of experience in public relations or corporate communications, 7+ years for a global technology or financial services company
- Public company experience
- Deep relationships and contacts across the media landscape
- Excellent spokesperson and superb writing and storytelling ability
- Extensive pattern recognition in developing and executing media plans
- PR management experience at a global scale
- Hands-on leader who is willing to roll up their sleeves and do what it takes to get the job done
- Provide track record of successful collaboration with diverse corporate functions (legal, compliance, finance, marketing, product, corporate strategy and public affairs) to achieve successful media outcomes
We are an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.