Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle's platform has supported over 100 million transactions worth tens of billions of dollars, with nearly 10 million retail customers, over a thousand businesses, while storing and securing more than $5 billion in digital currency assets. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which together with Coinbase and the Centre Consortium oversees the standards and protocol for what has become the fastest growing, regulated, fully-reserved stablecoin. USDC now stands at well over $10 billion market cap and is adding nearly $300 million net new digital dollars in circulation every week.Today, Circle's transactional services, business accounts, and platform APIs are giving rise to a new generation of financial services and commerce applications that hold the promise of raising global economic prosperity for all through programmable internet commerce. What you'll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce, Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity. What you'll be responsible for:
Circle is looking for an exceptional and ambitious Senior International Accountant to help lead Circles International accounting needs across varying business units including, Audits, reconciliations, journal entries, month end close, process improvement and ongoing projects. As a multi-entity, international company, the Senior International Accountant works with multiple banking partners, processing platforms and varying currencies. The Senior International Accountant will work closely with the engineering, risk team, compliance team and general finance team. This role is ideal for someone who wants to be part of a growing organisation and help to set the standard for a high performing finance and accounting organization. This role reports to the International Accounting Manager in Dublin, Ireland. What you'll work on:
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Reconcile month-end balance sheet accounts as part of the close process for UK, Ireland and other International entities
- Preparation of Monthly/Quarterly/Annual Financial Statements
- Implement process and procedures for month-end reconciliations to improve accuracy and efficiency
- Prepare VAT returns for UK and Ireland
- Documenting key accounting processes and performing related accounting operation controls
- Record journal entries into the general ledger to on an ongoing basis
- Participate and assist in implementation of software to automate processes
- Perform special accounting analysis and projects, as requested
- Support EMI license activity and reconciliation
- Support International compliance tasks
- Assist with International Audits in Ireland, UK and other entities as needed
- Perform Variance analysis as needed
What you'll bring to Circle:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting or Finance (not a prerequisite)
- Minimum 5 years of accounting experience
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA, CIMA, ACA, CPA or equivalent)
- Understanding of FRS102 and IFRS
- Understanding of USGAAP (preferred but not a prerequisite)
- Qualified Accountant coming from an Audit background or a mix of both Audit and Industry experience
- Background or an interest in Fintech, Payments Industry or Banking a plus
- Experience with different ERP and Accounting systems
- Direct experience performing or auditing balance sheet reconciliations
- Track record of improving processes
- Organized, detailed, proactive, self-motivated, collaborative, multi-tasker, and creative
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High level of financial acumen and attention to detail
- Proven experience working on efficiency improvement projects
- Proven ability to excel in a fast-paced environment is extremely important
- Ability to prioritize workloads and ensure tasks are completed timely
- High integrity and ability to handle confidential information
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Mac OSX and GSuite
We are an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.