IO Group, creator of the Cardano blockchain platform, is developing Prism, a digital identity and verifiable credentials product, as part of the Atala enterprise suite. We are building a platform with a solid technical foundation that can be tailored to the needs of many business domains. The team is currently delivering its product to the Georgian and Ethiopian governments. In this context, you will join a fast-paced environment where challenges lie in handling growing product and commercial requests.
We are redefining and standardizing the concept of digital identity, leveraging the capabilities of Cardano and many other technologies. To further our goals and address the business demand for Prism, we need to expand and structure our technical team.
In Atala we own the solution end-to-end, designing and implementing protocols, services, and applications, as well as infrastructure and deployment plans. The core team is seven engineers. You will contribute to the design, development and standardization of a strong, robust and scalable architecture for the Atala backend.
For this purpose, we need an experienced engineer who can lead, design and coordinate our standardization strategy with the Decentralized Identity Foundation and the World Wide Web Consortium to position IO Global and Atala as leaders in digital identity and help benefit millions of people.Your mission
You will be responsible for writing high-quality code for our products. You have the exciting challenge of working with cutting-edge research and technology with a focus on the market's needs. To support you on this challenge, our products have software architects, product managers, project managers, formal methods specialists and software test engineers, with whom you must communicate professionally, effectively and efficiently.
- Spend on average half of your time in DIF/W3C discussions
- Guide the standardization process with the core team
- Audit the code base and propose improvements to reach compliance
- Be an advocate for Atala's Identity approach
- Engage with the community and the W3C body consistently and professionally to push through our approach to standardization
- Help break down work for core team to implement
- Contribute to our code base directly
- Be proactive and require minimal supervision or mentoring to complete tasks
- Follow agile software development practices
- Work with teams across time zones
- Work independently on software development tasks
- Review specifications from architects and formal methods specialists
- Contribute to the design of algorithms
- Write clean, straightforward, efficient code that satisfies acceptance criteria and specifications
- Commit often and submit small pull requests frequently
- Cover your code with unit, property and integration tests when applicable
- Review the pull requests of your team mates
- Write documentation for the code
- Write technical user manuals
- Write tests (unit tests, property tests) that provide sufficient and non-superfluous efficient code coverage.
- Degree in computer science
- A minimum of five years' development experience (professional or otherwise) in Scala
- Experience working on DIDs, with the DIF and the W3C identity standards
- Experience working with Git and Git workflow
- Practical experience with agile software development methods
- Knowledge of functional and object-oriented programming paradigms.
IO Global is a fully distributed organization and therefore this is a remote position.All Colleagues
- Flexible schedule
- Remote work - ability to work anywhere
- Laptop reimbursement
- New starter package to buy hardware essentials (headphones, monitor, etc)
- Udemy for Business
- Competitive PTO and Sick Leave plan
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits coverage through Anthem with 100% premium cost covered by IO Global for the employee and dependents
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- Monthly Health Stipend to use towards any wellness or medical coverage/service