Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle's platform has supported over 100 million transactions worth tens of billions of dollars, with nearly 10 million retail customers, over a thousand businesses, while storing and securing more than $5 billion in digital currency assets. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which together with Coinbase and the Centre Consortium oversees the standards and protocol for what has become the fastest growing, regulated, fully-reserved stablecoin. USDC now stands at well over $10 billion market cap and is adding nearly $300 million net new digital dollars in circulation every week. Today, Circle's transactional services, business accounts, and platform APIs are giving rise to a new generation of financial services and commerce applications that hold the promise of raising global economic prosperity for all through programmable internet commerce.What you'll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce, Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity. Engineering at Circle:
In 2020, Circle unveiled Circle APIs: a set of solutions and smarter technology to help businesses accept payments in a more global, scalable and efficient alternative to traditional banking rails (spoiler: we're using USD Coin under the hood).
Over the next 12 months, we're going to rapidly grow our API customer base and enable even more businesses to easily integrate and benefit from the breakthrough of programmable money on the internet.
If you're data-driven, interested in building something meaningful and would love to work in an entrepreneurial environment, we can't wait to hear from you.
You will aspire to our four core values:
Your team is responsible for:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer at Circle, you'll build out AWS managed services to meet growing worldwide customer base across multiple AWS regions. You'll get the opportunity to develop your skills, collaborate across Circle teams and continue to learn in a fun, collaborative, iterative, and rapidly changing environment. You'll work on:
What you'll bring to Circle:
- Automate configuration of AWS infrastructure using AWS APIs in scripting languages such as Python
- Design highly available and resilient cross-region infrastructure
- Plan and test disaster recovery scenarios for a highly available microservices architecture
- Collaborate with the Security team to create and maintain security focused tools and frameworks
- Enthusiasm for the craft of software engineering and ability to collaborate across engineering groups to deliver and support Circle products
- See problems as opportunities for automation
- 4+ years experience as a AWS certified SysOps Administrator, DevOps Engineer or Solutions Architect
- Expert with AWS services including IAM, VPC, Cloudwatch, Kinesis, etc.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and ECS/EKS
- Practice Infrastructure as Code with either Cloudformation or Terraform
- Configuration management and automation experience with Ansible, Python, and Boto
- Experience with log aggregation systems like Splunk, ELK, etc.
- Experience creating and maintaining monitoring and alerting capabilities using tools like Splunk, Kibana, Datadog, or Kinesis Analytics
We are an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.