The Atala team at IO Global is developing Prism, a digital identity and verifiable credentials product. We are building a platform with a solid technical foundation that can be tailored to the needs of many business domains. The team is currently developing and delivering its product to the Georgian and Ethiopian governments. In this context, you will join a fast-paced environment where challenges lie in handling growing product and commercial requests.
We are redefining and standardizing the concept of digital identity by building on the capabilities of the Cardano blockchain and many other technologies. To further our goals and answer the business demand for our products, we need to scale up and structure our technical team appropriately.
In Atala we own the solution end-to-end, designing and implementing protocols, services, and applications, as well as infrastructure and deployment plans. The core team has seven Scala engineers. You will contribute to the quality and development of the strong, robust and scalable architecture of our backend.
For this purpose, we need an experienced Software Test Engineer who can design and develop solutions to position IO Global and Atala as leaders in digital identity and bring benefits to millions of people.Your role
You will be keen to learn more about digital identity, and be a focused, rigorous and detail-oriented person. We're interested in hearing how you could help improve our development cycles. Tasks include:
- Interacting with product management, project management and development teams to develop testing objectives
- Reviewing and analysing system specifications
- Designing and creating test conditions and scripts to address business and technical use cases
- Using existing tools and techniques to execute test cases and build or script new tools for testing and validation
- Executing and analyzing automation test results
- Troubleshooting and triaging issues with teams to identifyt causes and seek resolution
- Documenting, tracking and escalating issues as appropriate
- Supporting production deployment of applications and performing validation testing during off-hours maintenance windows
- Supporting technical services as the escalation point for reported bugs.
- Mastery of software engineering best practices and of testing methodologies
- Expertise in libraries, tools and procedures for the execution and automation of various types of tests (eg, unit tests, property tests, integration tests, end-to-end tests, UI tests, performance tests, stress tests, fault tolerance tests)
- Experience with Git
- Experience with continuous integration (CI)
- Experience with continuous deployment (CD)
- Familiarity with formal methods would be a bonus
- General computer science skills (operating systems and networking)
- Coding skills (Rust)
- Test automation skills (desktop, API, web, integration tests)
- Infrastructure deployment and configuration skills (dev/test ops, CI/CD, Git, virtualization, containerization)
- Distributed systems development/testing skills (good to have)
- Testing on mobile devices a bonus (Android, iOS).
IO Global is a fully distributed organization and therefore this is a remote position. Due to team distribution we are ideally looking for someone in a European time zone for this role. All Colleagues
- Flexible schedule
- Remote work - ability to work anywhere
- Laptop reimbursement
- New starter package to buy hardware essentials (headphones, monitor, etc)
- Udemy for Business
- Competitive PTO and Sick Leave plan
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits coverage through Anthem with 100% premium cost covered by IO Global for the employee and dependents
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- Monthly Health Stipend to use towards any wellness or medical coverage/service