IO Global, creator of the Cardano blockchain, is searching for a Service Reliability Engineer to join the Atala team. As part of the Atala suite, we are developing Prism, a digital identity and verifiable credentials product. We are building a platform with a solid technical foundation that can be tailored to the needs of many business domains. The team is currently developing and delivering its product to the Georgian and Ethiopian governments. In this context, you will join a fast-paced environment where challenges lie in handling growing product and commercial requests.
We are redefining and standardizing the concept of digital identity by building on the capabilities of the Cardano blockchain and many other technologies. To further our goals and answer the business demand for our products, we need to scale up and structure our technical team appropriately.
In Atala we own the solution end-to-end, designing and implementing protocols, services, applications, as well as infrastructure and deployment plans. The core team has seven engineers. You will contribute to the design and development of the strong, robust and scalable infrastructure of our backend.
For this purpose, we need an experienced Service Reliability Engineer who can design and develop a scalable infrastructure, and streamline our operational procedures to help position IO Global and Atala as leaders in digital identity and bring benefits to millions of people.Your mission
As a Service Reliability Engineer you will have strong programming and operations skills. As part of the Atala team, you will work closely with geographically diverse experts and the engineering team to ensure high-quality, stable environments for our customers, including internal teams. You will:
- Work with the engineering team to define and maintain efficient, continuous, build and delivery pipelines, across all development and other environments
- Work with the product and engineering teams to ensure that non-functional requirements, such as availability, performance, and security, are met
- Work with the engineering team to design and implement the infrastructure that realizes the software architecture
- Create tools and processes that automate development and deployment tasks to support the infrastructure and our engineering team
- Work with the engineering team to establish and maintain automated regression suite infrastructure and performance-testing infrastructure.
- Proven years of experience in build and release engineering
- We are particularly interested in people with experience in Scala or more generally the Java virtual machine, but we have services and applications across the whole spectrum: web, Android, iOS, and JVM
- You will be someone who works well on your own and with a team
- You value cooperation and collaboration above all, and are not afraid to ask for clarification or help when needed
- You are kind and respectful of others' opinions and you are open and act with integrity when engaging in academic or technical discussions.
IO Global is a fully distributed organization and therefore this is a remote position. Due to team distribution we are ideally looking for someone in a European, Australian or Singapore time zone for this role. All Colleagues
- Flexible schedule
- Remote work - ability to work anywhere
- Laptop reimbursement
- New starter package to buy hardware essentials (headphones, monitor, etc)
- Udemy for Business
- Competitive PTO and Sick Leave plan
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits coverage through Anthem with 100% premium cost covered by IO Global for the employee and dependents
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- Monthly Health Stipend to use towards any wellness or medical coverage/service