Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle's platform has supported over 100 million transactions worth tens of billions of dollars, with nearly 10 million retail customers, over a thousand businesses, while storing and securing more than $5 billion in digital currency assets. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which together with Coinbase and the Centre Consortium oversees the standards and protocol for what has become the fastest growing, regulated, fully-reserved stablecoin. USDC now stands at well over $10 billion market cap and is adding nearly $300 million net new digital dollars in circulation every week.Today, Circle's transactional services, business accounts, and platform APIs are giving rise to a new generation of financial services and commerce applications that hold the promise of raising global economic prosperity for all through programmable internet commerce. What you'll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce, Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity. What you'll be responsible for:
Circle is looking for an experienced Internal Audit leader who can spearhead the creation of the function for the organization and provide independent and objective evaluations of company financial and operational business activities. You will oversee review and evaluation of the effectiveness of Financial, IT and regulatory Compliance controls. You should have a firm grasp of SOX compliance and financial services regulations and requirements and their appropriate assertions and reporting. This position will report directly to the Audit Committee and administratively to VP, Finance and Accounting. What you'll work on:
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Communicate regularly and directly with the Board (Audit Committee), CFO, CAO, General Counsel, Controller and other Executives.
- Establish the Internal Audit Charter and develop the Company's internal audit strategy including deciding upon the balance of in-house or outsourced internal audit resourcing to meet the needs of the various functional testing areas required.
- Determine audit team staffing requirements in the context of the business and build an effective audit team.
- Review internal control's design, implementation, risk assessment and scoping process by identifying significant operational assets, critical processes and ensure an adequate scope and testing of the Company's financial statement-based risks.
- Maintain strong working relationships with the various departments at the company and work effectively cross functionally.
- Critically evaluate current set of in scope controls and recommend ways to rationalize and optimize controls through automation.
- Serve as a reliable and insightful resource for implementing controls within a business process in an efficient and effective manner.
- Liaise with the external auditors and coordinate SOX and other audit related matters to ensure reliance by External Auditors on Management's testing to minimize impact to the business and alignment of testing results.
- Perform other tasks and projects as assigned in support of internal audit team and corporate objectives such as business process improvements, planning and execution of operational audit projects.
- Demonstrates development of technical and analytical skills to understand business processes, interpret the associated risks, develop testing approach, and propose solutions.
- Work closely with the IT Security and Compliance team to evaluate and test IT General Controls and KYC/AML controls respectively
What you'll bring to Circle:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
- 12+ Years of experience with a combination of Public accounting/audit and Industry.
- Previous Public Company experience leading an internal audit function with reporting out directly to the Audit Committee.
- Experience building and scaling teams.
- CPA and CIA/CISA or equivalent certification required.
- Experience in project management best practices.
- Strong understanding of internal audit standards, SOX, ITGC and COSO
- Experience working in a rapid growth, financial services, payments or technology company is a plus.
- Organized, detailed, proactive, self-motivated, collaborative.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to work cross functionally and adapt to change are extremely important.
- Ability to prioritize workloads and ensure deadlines are consistently met.
- High integrity and ability to handle confidential information.
We are an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.