Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle's platform has supported over 100 million transactions worth tens of billions of dollars, with nearly 10 million retail customers, over a thousand businesses, while storing and securing more than $5 billion in digital currency assets. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which together with Coinbase and the Centre Consortium oversees the standards and protocol for what has become the fastest growing, regulated, fully-reserved stablecoin. USDC now stands at well over $10 billion market cap and is adding nearly $300 million net new digital dollars in circulation every week.Today, Circle's transactional services, business accounts, and platform APIs are giving rise to a new generation of financial services and commerce applications that hold the promise of raising global economic prosperity for all through programmable internet commerce. What you'll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce, Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity. What you'll be responsible for:
Circle is looking for a motivated Senior Tax Accountant, reporting to the Global Tax Director, to support the tax accounting and tax compliance needs of the company's rapidly growing operations. This role will involve cross functional interaction with other teams at the company including compliance, legal and product as well as the greater finance team. You will gain valuable exposure and experience to a broad cross section of the tax function while supporting a business that is on the cutting edge of digital payments and blockchain technology. What you'll work on:
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Support preparation of consolidated and legal entity tax provisions on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Research and support US state and local tax requirements for US business including business registration, franchise tax returns, sales and use tax, employment taxes, etc.
- Support the annual US federal and state tax compliance process.
- Prepare tax related journal entries for monthly, quarterly and annual closes.
- Provide support for maintenance of transfer pricing model and supporting documentation.
- Research and support tax implications and planning for new product launches and transactional activity for the consolidated group.
- Prepare tax memos to document and update tax positions of the company.
- Research and stay current on changes to US and international tax legislation and support communication of implications for the company.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business.
- Knowledge of US tax regulations and US GAAP requirements of ASC 740.
- Minimum of 3 years of tax accounting experience, ideally from a Big 4 background or with direct tax experience working in the technology industry.
- Direct experience and knowledge of tax accounting for accounting close and supporting preparation/review of tax provisions.
- CPA or post graduate tax qualification is highly desirable but not required.
- Organized, detailed, proactive, self-motivated, collaborative.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to work cross functionally and adapt to change are extremely important.
- Ability to prioritize workloads and ensure tasks are completed on time.
- High integrity and ability to handle confidential information.
- Experience/familiarity with cloud accounting systems, Bloomberg tax, Slack, Mac OSX and GSuite
We are an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.