Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle's platform has supported over 100 million transactions worth tens of billions of dollars, with nearly 10 million retail customers, over a thousand businesses, while storing and securing more than $5 billion in digital currency assets. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which together with Coinbase and the Centre Consortium oversees the standards and protocol for what has become the fastest growing, regulated, fully-reserved stablecoin. USDC now stands at well over $10 billion market cap and is adding nearly $300 million net new digital dollars in circulation every week.Today, Circle's transactional services, business accounts, and platform APIs are giving rise to a new generation of financial services and commerce applications that hold the promise of raising global economic prosperity for all through programmable internet commerce. What you'll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce, Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity. What you'll be responsible for:
Circle is looking for a Director of Internal Controls, reporting to the VP of Accounting to fill a newly created role at the company to work on defining robust controls and processes, implement a control repository and establish a best practice monitoring and review process to mitigate risk and ensure SOX compliance during the next phase of the company's rapid growth. What you'll work on:
Design and identify key controls for processes that impact financial reporting for the company.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Develop a repeatable process for 302 and 404 assertions and reporting.
- Support and create SOX ready documentation including narratives, flow charts, control descriptions, etc.
- Project manage control definition and implementation for new products, processes and system implementations.
- Lead implementation of SOX repository such as Auditboard, Workiva or similar system.
- Review, assess, and evaluate reported control deficiencies, root causes, and planned corrective actions in conjunction with business process owners.
- Assist in the delivery of training to business process owners and related functions with respect to internal controls and SOX compliance.
- Support annual and semi-annual risk assessment in coordination with the Internal Audit team.
- Work with Internal Audit function to track status of periodic testing of internal controls against audit timelines and schedules.
- Work with internal and external auditors to coordinate audit controls testing and process walkthroughs to streamline impact on the business and align test results.
- Work closely with the IT Security team to ensure IT General Control documentation and monitoring program is consistent with SOX requirements.
- Support the preparation of materials for periodic management and Audit Committee meetings.
- Seek to continuously improve the SOX program to become more efficient and effective through optimization and automation.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
- 8+ years of experience, ideally with Big 4 and public company experience working on SOX compliance.
- CPA and CIA/CISA or equivalent required
- Practical and deep knowledge of US GAAP, SOX and COSO.
- Previous experience with GRC and AuditBoard or similar tool a plus.
- Experience working in a rapid growth environment in financial services, payments or technology companies is a plus.
- Organized, detailed, proactive, self-motivated, collaborative.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to work cross functionally and adapt to change are extremely important.
- Ability to prioritize workloads and ensure deadlines are consistently met.
- High integrity and ability to handle confidential information
We are an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.