Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle's platform has supported over 100 million transactions worth tens of billions of dollars, with nearly 10 million retail customers, over a thousand businesses, while storing and securing more than $5 billion in digital currency assets. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which together with Coinbase and the Centre Consortium oversees the standards and protocol for what has become the fastest growing, regulated, fully-reserved stablecoin. USDC now stands at well over $10 billion market cap and is adding nearly $300 million net new digital dollars in circulation every week.Today, Circle's transactional services, business accounts, and platform APIs are giving rise to a new generation of financial services and commerce applications that hold the promise of raising global economic prosperity for all through programmable internet commerce. What you'll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce, Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity. What you'll be responsible for:
As a member of Treasury Operations, you'll gain real-world experience building solutions from traditional banking into USDC. You'll help to manage day-to-day treasury operations, focusing on digital collateral and USDC Reserves investments while ensuring proper internal controls and protection of customer information. You will have the opportunity to build out collateral and investment management strategic processes while developing critical skills and industry knowledge. You will collaborate across all teams/stakeholders, both internal and external. You will help us to ensure the success of critical treasury operational functions. You will also participate in the development of related policies and processes to ensure alignment with Treasury objectives, primarily as it relates to cash, digital assets, investment and financial risk management. What you'll work on:
USDC / Circle Digital Collateral
- Actively monitor and manage digital collateral posted by Circle's clients for various DeFi activities
- Assist in developing a dynamic framework for verifying and monitoring collateral value, safekeeping of collateral and moving collateral between sources and customers
- Support the buildout of all collateral management reporting
- Track and report collateral valuation and movement
- Manage collateral margin calls and payouts
- Investigate, report, reconcile and resolve any issues with collateral movements/breaks, valuations, customer performance and internal deliverables
- Work directly with the Sr. Director of Treasury Operations to establish policies and procedures within collateral management.
- Review legal/custodial agreements and liaise with internal legal team to ensure continuity and compliance
- Ensure that all processes are fully compliant with internal policies and procedures
- Establish cohesive relationships with Circle's DeFi partners
- Build relationships with tri-party service providers to align functionality, security, transparency and reporting
- Provide Customer Support team solutions to customer issues. Work closely with all internal stakeholders
- Support the Engineering team in implementing and testing new processes for settlement, safekeeping, payment and reporting
- Evaluate internal control structures and data to identify weaknesses and any associated risks, as well as make recommendations on how to mitigate those risks;
- Build and own relationships with key external stakeholders such as banks, custodians and other service providers
- Work with the Sr. Director of Treasury Operations, Treasurer and the entire Treasury team to design and build an operational platform to support the growing suite of products and services from Circle domestically and internationally
- Identify and investigate opportunities for new processes and resources
USDC Reserves Investments:
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Understand Circle's USDC reserve policies and primary objectives
- Work directly with the Sr. Directory of Treasury Operations to align all investment policies with best practices of capital protection and value creation
- Establish relationships and work closely with Circle's investment managers
- Implement investment strategies within the scope of our fiduciary responsibilities to all stakeholders
- Monitor all investments for compliance with existing agreements, internal policies and regulatory compliance
- Work closely with your Treasury team members to ensure that various liquidity pools are funded within the established guidelines
- Communicate current conditions, anticipated challenges and risks to team members and management
- Team with Finance & Accounting to ensure all required reporting metrics are available.
- Working knowledge of market investment instruments, their characteristics and risks is strongly preferred
- Help to build a dynamic framework for USDC reserves diversification with a foundation that is designed to scale up quickly while maintaining the integrity of all internal policies and external requirements
What you'll bring to Circle:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics,Computer Science or Business related field
- 7+ years of progressively responsible positions in Treasury, Finance or Collateral Management - Treasury operations experience strongly preferred
- Knowledge of markets activities including investment portfolios, collateral management and liquidity pools
- Established ability to organize, analyze and interpret large data sets to explain irregularities or trends
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and use good judgement to establish order or priorities on the fly
- Ability to work with and influence internal and external customers to resolve exception items and achieve organizational objectives on an expedient basis
- Established ability to build new processes and workflows as needed.
- Proven success at identifying and documenting key performance and risk indicators and can develop meaningful and insightful management dashboards and reporting
- Self-motivated and creative problem-solver
- Demonstrated ability to create an amazing customer experience, with a high level of customer satisfaction
We are an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.