Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle's platform has supported over 100 million transactions worth tens of billions of dollars, with nearly 10 million retail customers, over a thousand businesses, while storing and securing more than $5 billion in digital currency assets. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which together with Coinbase and the Centre Consortium oversees the standards and protocol for what has become the fastest growing, regulated, fully-reserved stablecoin. USDC now stands at well over $10 billion market cap and is adding nearly $300 million net new digital dollars in circulation every week. Today, Circle's transactional services, business accounts, and platform APIs are giving rise to a new generation of financial services and commerce applications that hold the promise of raising global economic prosperity for all through programmable internet commerce. What you'll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce, Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity. What you'll be responsible for:
As Vice President, Talent Management, you will join a team focused on attracting, hiring and growing the careers of our world-class talent globally. You will partner with the SVP, Talent and will lead, manage, and scale our remote-first talent management team and strategy. You will be a trusted partner to other leaders, managers and employees and will strive for a five-star Circler experience. You will be responsible to help formulate and evolve the talent management team's organizational design, helping set its ambitious goals, driving its productivity, and meeting its deliverables - all with the mindset of delighting our multistakeholders. You will partner with Circle employees at both the individual and manager level to unlock the highest potential in our employees by developing and implementing training materials and programs. We are looking for someone who is first and foremost passionate about the capacity for learning and development to significantly impact an employee's success. We particularly value candidates who are also ambitious, have a 'no job is beneath me' attitude, are highly motivated, and seek a collaborative, iterative and fast-paced environment. If you are dedicated to enable the success of fellow Circle employees - and will work tirelessly to do so, your career at Circle has the potential to grow exponentially. What you'll work on
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Lead, manage, and scale our talent management organization to enable Circle to grow headcount internationally in new and existing countries by 250%+ in 2021 with high growth rates in subsequent years.
- Iterate and build to scale current global infrastructure of performance management, diversity, equity and inclusion, learning and development (Circle U), learning management system (LMS), employee engagement, employee relations, employee resource groups (ERGs), etc. that delivers a five-star employee experience.
- Build a talent team to provide consultative business partnering to leaders, managers and employees related to performance management and development, employee relations, etc.
- Direct the development, implementation, and facilitation of Circle University - a hub for a learning and development program that includes training in management, career development, employee on-boarding, and product & industry subject matter.
- Lead the direction, strategy, and roadmap for global L&D programs, content, and distribution including the implementation, content, employee experience and on-going maintenance of our Learning Management System (LMS).
- Ensure talent management's vision for success is aligned with the company's business goals by being a role model, leader, and collaborative execution partner with all internal clients as well as Talent Acquisition, Talent Analytics and Rewards, and Talent Management teams.
- Hire exceptional new talent to build out your team and then have a strong passion to nurture, mentor and grow their careers.
- Be the owner across all internal functions and provide strategic, operational, and tactical guidance for connecting our mission and values to each of our employees via Circle U, OKRs, and performance management.
- Use LMS data, employee survey data, knowledge assessments, and learning needs assessments to prioritize the development of training content, and make improvements to existing content.
- Drive a culture that embraces our mission and values and ultimately drives learning, growth, and development.
What you'll bring to Circle
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
- A fundamental belief in our mission and core values.
- Very high EQ, empathy and self-awareness. It is not about you ... it is about the team, the company, our employees, our candidates and customers that we aim to please and provide a five-star experience.
- A tremendous track record of working long hours to get the job done.
- The ability to adapt and excel when business plans change.
- You have partnered with executives, managers, employees distributed throughout the global
- 12+ years of demonstrated success in rapidly scaling environments that require significant influencing and partnership across the business to accomplish operational goals.
- 8+ years of management experience instilling trust and credibility with your team while guiding, developing, coaching, and managing individual and team performance.
- Experience implementing a wide range of creative and thoughtful talent management strategies and programs in a fast-paced, high-growth technology company.
- Excellent communication skills with an innate ability to motivate and inspire teammates.
- Amazing attention to detail and organization ... you are one of the, if not the, most detailed and organized folks you know.
- Fintech experience and bachelor's degree preferred.
- You find joy and excitement when you solve employee challenges, when you help a company grow careers, and when you apply creative and innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Building global talent management teams in APAC, EMEA and Central and South America preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.