ConsenSys is a leading blockchain software technology company focused on building infrastructure, tools, and products for Institutions, Enterprises, and developers. Our mission is to drive adoption of the decentralized worldwide web (Web3) and the Ethereum ecosystem, the only current candidate to be the automatic, objective trust foundation and base settlement layer for the planet.
We are looking for a senior experienced professional to lead the Sales and Business Development in China, reporting to the Regional Head of Strategic Sales.
As Enterprise Blockchain sales lead, you will work closely with the regional accounts team and work closely with the Sales & Services team to meet demanding growth targets over the coming years in the Institutional and Enterprise channel, focusing on a subset of sectors in Financial Services and Global Trade.
You will be selling to top Enterprise accounts and working with Fortune 2000 calibre clients in China. You will manage the complete end to end sales cycle, interacting with the clients and the various internal stakeholders, including Professional Services, Customer Success and ConsenSys Product Owners. You will lead all the business development and Sales activities in China and lead the China team, creating an efficient work environment aligned with the ConsenSys culture.
The position requires you to have a strong existing network within the Chinese financial industry as well as with the main actors of the regional supply chain and global trade industry in order to originate, negotiate and close large opportunities, embedding the sale of ConsenSys products.
It's imperative you enjoy taking a hand-on approach on originating and closing transactions throughout the contract/negotiation phase to ensure all partners sign off on the engagement with agreeable terms.
It's important to us that you have enthusiasm and aptitude for learning about ConsenSys blockchain products.Responsibilities and Deliverables:
Required Experience, Qualifications and Skills:
- Sell ConsenSys' enterprise software solutions portfolio by generating opportunities in a designated set of accounts and territories
- Originate, negotiate and close lighthouse projects to deliver significant revenue in Financial Services and Global Trade
- Lead sales efforts, including assembling and overseeing client bidding teams as needed, delivering client proposals and negotiating contracts / SOWs all the way to deal close.
- Manage the Sales activities in the region and acts as a local coordinator for Sales and Professional services (Advisory, Strategy and Delivery).
- Develop and maintain an ongoing pipeline of strategic opportunities to ensure achievement of sales targets
- Leverage in-depth understanding of client needs, business strategy, and key client initiatives, and map these to ConsenSys product portfolio, in close collaboration with ConsenSys team members
- Key account manager in particular with Exchanges, Banks, Asset Managers, supply chain companies, where you will work closely with our Professional Services and Products team and customers to ensure successful project implementation and customer referenceability.
- Partner with Professional Services and Products teams to evaluate and develop strategies to enable more productivity from the existing sales force and provide product/market feedback. Collaborate with the ConsenSys' global sales team to headway key Enterprise Ethereum opportunities.
- Identify and negotiate high-value partnerships which can drive adoption and revenue of the Ethereum Enterprise
- Meet quantitative and qualitative performance expectations
- More than 5 years of quantifiable track record as a sales professional at a multinational Enterprise software or technology services company, with the ability to close complex deals
- Team management experience
- Existing network of clients in financial services and supply chain sectors, with a track record to sell to leading Chinese companies (eg. top 3 banks, top trading and shipping companies).
- Ability to understand customer business challenges and technology requirements, and create and deliver presentations tailored to the audience needs
- Excellent communication and ability to work seamlessly with global, cross-functional teams to achieve success on behalf of customers
- Analytical, time management and organizational skills. Strong CRM and sales management skills.
- Relationship management skills, openness to feedback and collaborative
- Fluency in Mandarin Chinese is necessary. Cantonese is a plus.
- Deep passion for developing innovative solutions that surpass or disrupt legacy systems with emerging technologies
- At the time of application, Candidates shall have a valid working visa in Hong Kong or Permanent Hong Kong ID.
Don't check all of the boxes? Don't sweat it. We're passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you've got what it takes to create a world-class infrastructure and tools function in our chaotic-but-fun, decentralised, remote-friendly, start-up environment-apply anyway. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we're ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.Why join ConsenSys?
Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys
- One of the most recognized tech companies in the blockchain ecosystem globally. A work experience at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your future career. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
- The forefront of a revolution. We fundamentally believe blockchain is a next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society. You can be a part of building the digital economy of tomorrow and radically transforming our society for the better.
- A dynamic startup environment with deep roots. We are one of the earliest blockchain companies and a leader in the space. You'll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem.
- Deep technical challenges. Blockchain technology is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. We are building the tools, infrastructure and applications l that are pushing the technology forward.
- Continuous learning and improvements. You'll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas and frameworks from your peers and as you work on different projects - challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here .