ConsenSys is a leading blockchain software technology company focused on building infrastructure, tools, and products for Institutions, Enterprises, and developers. Our mission is to drive adoption of the decentralized worldwide web (Web3) and the Ethereum ecosystem, the only current candidate to be the automatic, objective trust foundation and base settlement layer for the planet.
We are looking for an experienced Sales Director with a key focus on Crypto Exchange, Funds and DeFi. Currently working in the Crypto Trading, OTC Desk with an already established network within the Crypto Industry (Crypto Exchange & Defi)
We aren't just looking for an experienced sales professional, we are looking for an entrepreneur and a leader, seeking to build their own business within ConsenSys. Both ConsenSys and the market are growing exceptionally quickly, and we expect this individual to build and manage a team to support this growth as the business develops over time. For the right individual, the opportunity, both in the market and for personal accomplishment, is unlimited.
To thrive in this role, you will be confident when entering a board room setting and skilled at leading and supporting complex conversations with ease. We want people who are comfortable being held accountable to client-based outcomes, and ultimately, revenue performance.
The position requires you to be highly effective at leading discovery meetings, continuously qualifying opportunities in or out of the pipeline, designing and presenting bespoke sales proposals to key partners, and overcoming challenges and objections to clinch deals.
It's imperative you enjoy taking a hands-on approach throughout the contract/negotiation phase to ensure all partners sign off on the engagement with agreeable terms. Responsibilities and Deliverables:
Required Experience and Skills
- Source and establish commercial partnerships with next-generation blockchain networks, notably with major defi providers, complementary decentralized protocols and Layer 2 networks
- Work directly with some of the largest wallets, exchanges, DeFi projects, custodians, fintech, and enterprises in the world, covering the top 50 most significant projects in the Americas
- Lead the business development and sales effort for the crypto ecosystem, representing full range of products
- Able to establish local channels and expand customer base rapidly, maintain customer relationship;
- Represent the company in the region's conferences and supporting the company's brand building, promotion and marketing.
- Be the key person in charge of the company's localization strategy.
- Able to have thorough understanding of customer needs and channel customer feedbacks on company's products and services, to contently improve the product features and customer satisfaction.
- Be a role model for your colleagues embracing diversity, inclusion and ConsenSys values
- Ideally, 2+ years of experience in business development or trading role at a blockchain, crypto, or fintech organization; 6-12 months minimum
- 2-5 years of prior experience at a top tier technology company, start-up, consulting company, investment bank, or law firm, with a focus on financial services. Ideally, the candidate would have at least 5+ years of sales experience.
- Detailed understanding of the crypto ecosystem and defi protocols
- Brings a network of relationships and contacts in the space, including defi projects, crypto exchanges, funds, OTC desks, market makers, etc
- Understands the user and customer needs for each segment of the market
- Must be technically literate
Don't check all of the boxes? Don't sweat it. We're passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you've got what it takes to create a world-class infrastructure and tools function in our chaotic-but-fun, decentralised, remote-friendly, start-up environment-apply anyway. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we're ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.Why join ConsenSys?
Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys
- One of the most recognized tech companies in the blockchain ecosystem globally. A work experience at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your future career. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
- The forefront of a revolution. We fundamentally believe blockchain is a next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society. You can be a part of building the digital economy of tomorrow and radically transforming our society for the better.
- A dynamic startup environment with deep roots. We are one of the earliest blockchain companies and a leader in the space. You'll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem.
- Deep technical challenges. Blockchain technology is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. We are building the tools, infrastructure and applications l that are pushing the technology forward.
- Continuous learning and improvements. You'll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas and frameworks from your peers and as you work on different projects - challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here .