Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world .
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role. Institutional at Coinbase
On the institutional side of our business, some of the world's most sophisticated institutional and corporate clients have chosen Coinbase's industry leading offerings for both Custody and Trading.
We are growing our Institutional Coverage team and are looking for motivated people to help chart the path of a new and rapidly expanding business. If you have a positive, proactive, startup mentality, and are interested in joining a highly disruptive business on the forefront of the burgeoning cryptocurrency industry, then you've come to the right place.
Our institutional client base includes both "crypto-natives" as well as investors getting into crypto for the first time. You will be part of a team that identifies and develops relationships with institutional and corporate clients across the APAC region and beyond.
NOTE: This role is for Coinbase's Singapore office and pre-existing Singapore work authorization is required. What you'll be doing:
What we look for in you:
- Market Coinbase's suite of institutional products (Coinbase Custody and our upcoming Prime Broker) to institutional clients across the APAC region
- Provide sales, account management, relationship management, as well as some client services coverage for APAC clients and global clients during Asian hours
- Generate, filter, and pursue client leads, respond to inbound opportunities, and assist senior team members in doing the same
- Take part in marketing roadshows across the APAC region in order to meet face-to-face or virtually with existing and prospective clients, and be involved in hosting and organising client events (as and when it is safe to do so)
- Help the business scale by collaborating with teammates to build and optimise processes for sales, support and CRM
- Provide input and analysis for APAC coverage and regional go-to-market strategy
Nice to haves:
- 5-10 years relevant experience, preferably in a crypto trading or custody environment, and/or a traditional institutional banking, asset management or brokerage environment
- English language spoken and written fluency
- Ability to independently source and close high-value clients
- High energy level, eagerness to grow career quickly, willingness to engage in a multi-functional role as part of a small team
- Strong strategic thinking, client-facing communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to distill complex information into an easily digestible form
- Willingness to travel up to 30% of the time (as and when it is safe to do so)
- Curiosity and sense of humor
- Experience working in or with prime brokers and prime brokerage services
- Mandarin, Japanese, and/or Korean language spoken and written fluency to work with international clients
- Existing relationships with both traditional as well as crypto-first institutional investors in the region
- Proven track record of interest in digital assets
- Experience with CRM systems like Salesforce