Our Fintech client in San Francisco who has just raised $11 million is reinventing the way people spend money and discover their favourite new services and brands. They are backed by Y-Combinator among other notable investors.
They are looking for a Data Engineer to pioneer the data team and be responsible for building out the data pipelines and systems necessary to develop best in class algorithms, models, etc. You will have ownership over the data pipelines and infrastructure in addition to setting the foundation for data engineering.This role will be working closely with the engineering team and data science to accomplish product initiatives and business goals. This position will report directly to the CTO.
Day to day includes:
- Design and build scalable and robust data management systems
- Ensure that all systems meet industry best practices and business requirements
- Create custom services and tooling when applicable
- Implement disaster recovery procedures
- Collaborate with engineers and data scientists on projects
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Physics Statistics or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience
- Strong algorithmic and data modeling knowledge
- Experience working with a Hadoop or similar ecosystem
- Expert in SQL and a scripting language like Python