Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world .
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Coinbase is looking for a highly motivated accounting professional to join our Brokerage and Platform Accounting team and play a key role in our continued growth and achievement of operational excellence. The Senior Platform Operations Accountant must possess strong accounting and operational expertise, an ability to communicate and work with various teams outside of Finance (such as Data, Payments Operations and other Engineering groups), and a desire to make a meaningful impact on a dynamic, high-growth technology company.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Platform Operations Accounting, the Senior Platform Operations Accountant will work with various cross functional teams within the Company and requires someone with impeccable attention to detail, a financial and analytic mindset and knowledge of payment processes. This position will impact a rapidly growing organization and offers career development opportunities for the right candidate. What You'll Be Doing (i.e., Job Duties)
What We Look For In You (ie. Job Requirements)
- Prepare monthly close intercompany accounting entries and reconciliations
- Prepare and review monthly journal entries and reconciliations for custodial cash accounts, custodial liabilities and cash/receivable clearing accounts
- Ensure compliance with internal controls, policies and procedures over platform accounting activities and assist in the design and implementation of new controls and processes
- Assist in the development and implementation of scalable accounting processes to facilitate timely and accurate financial reporting
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to operationalize new areas of the business to facilitate streamlined accounting transactions as assigned
- Partner with Data to investigate and resolve crypto / payment exceptions timely
- Analyze data against business drivers to identify trends / issues
- Provide support for internal and external audits related to specific areas of responsibility
- Maintain up-to-date process documentation and procedures as assigned
- Support ad hoc financial information requests and analyses and other special projects as assigned
- Minimum of 5 years working in public accounting or in the fintech/financial services industries
- BA/BS in Accounting or related field / CPA highly preferred
- Expert knowledge/understanding of payment systems
- Basic knowledge of blockchain technology and the crypto economy
- Possess excellent analytical skills (MS Excel), business partnering, problem solving and prioritization skills
- Able to work well in a dynamic environment and be able to recommend and implement process improvements, work autonomously and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong work ethic and team player
- Experience working in Netsuite, FloQast and G-Suite