Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world .
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
As a decentralized, remote-first company, Coinbase is able to benefit from talent pools all over the world and India has long been known as a hub for engineering and technology innovation. By establishing some IT and ITeS services, including engineering, software development and customer support operations in India, the Coinbase group will be able to tap into this pool of engineering and technology talent.
Coinbase is seeking experienced backend engineers to join the team to build out the next generation of crypto-forward products and features. You will solve unique, large scale, highly complex technical problems, bridging the constraints posed by web-scale applications and blockchain technology. You will help the Coinbase group build the next generation of systems to make digital assets and blockchaincryptocurrency accessible across the globe, operating real-time applications with high frequency, low latency updates, and managing the most secure, dockerized infrastructure running in the cloud. What you'll be doing:
What we look for in you:
- Provide support to Coinbase group companies by building Build new services to meet critical product and business needs using Golang.
- Design scalable systems to solve novel problems with modern cloud technology and industry best practices.
- Articulate a long term vision for maintaining and scaling theour backend Coinbase systems and the teams running them.
- Work with engineers, designers, product managers and senior leadership to turn our product and technical vision into a tangible roadmap every quarter.
- Write high quality, well tested code to meet the needs of the Coinbase groupyour customers.
Nice to haves:
- You have at least 2 years of experience in software engineering.
- You've designed, built, scaled and maintained production services, and know how to compose a service oriented architecture.
- You write high quality, well tested code to meet the needs of your customers.
- You're passionate about building an open financial system that brings the world together.
- Must be able to read, write and speak in English.
- You have gone through a rapid growth in your company (from startup to mid-size).
- Experience with growth experiments or A/B testing frameworks.
- You have experience with Blockchain technology (such as Bitcoin, Ethereum etc..)
- You have experience decomposing a large monolith into microservices.
- You've worked with Golang, Ruby, Docker, Rails, Postgres, MongoDB or DynamoDB.
- You've built financial, high reliability or security systems.