Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle's platform has supported over 100 million transactions worth tens of billions of dollars, with nearly 10 million retail customers, over a thousand businesses, while storing and securing more than $5 billion in digital currency assets. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which together with Coinbase and the Centre Consortium oversees the standards and protocol for what has become the fastest growing, regulated, fully-reserved stablecoin. USDC now stands at well over $10 billion market cap and is adding nearly $300 million net new digital dollars in circulation every week.Today, Circle's transactional services, business accounts, and platform APIs are giving rise to a new generation of financial services and commerce applications that hold the promise of raising global economic prosperity for all through programmable internet commerce. What you'll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce, Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity. What you'll be responsible for:
The primary responsibilities of the position is day-to-day implementation of Circle' global regulatory reporting and unclaimed property obligations. Duties include preparing reports in an accurate and timely manner in accordance with state and foreign regulations, which requires regulatory and legal analysis and interpretation and a working knowledge of financial accounting and data set analysis. This position will interact directly and frequently with regulators and work directly and closely cross-functionally with internal stakeholders. Additionally, this position will be supporting the Regulatory and Compliance Risk Manager in the areas of supervisory exam management, training, and enterprise-wide policy development.
The position will be responsible for regulatory reporting and unclaimed property across Circle's primary entities in the US, EU, UK and Bermuda, with an emphasis on individual US state reporting. What you'll work on:
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Prepare monthly / quarterly / annual and ad-hoc regulatory reports including but not limited to annual reports at both the entity and licensing level, annual business registration and license renewals, and quarterly financial reporting
- Prepare unclaimed property reports by utilizing Excel formulas to organize data
- Reconcile and cross-check reporting data sets and perform analysis to ensure accuracy
- Coordinate with multiple stakeholders across organization and support management and team members
- Prepare and meet deadlines for the submission of reports to regulatory authorities with accurate data and financial information and maintain back-up supporting documents and folders
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of financial / regulatory reporting requirements and communicate these changes as needed to internal stakeholders, proposing any solutions if required
- Assist in the organization of state exams by performing regulatory research
- Assist in enterprise-wide policy development by maintaining an accurate record of all policies, existing and outstanding
- Collaborate with Talent in the distribution and development of training
What you'll bring to Circle:
- Multi-stakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years of experience in financial institution compliance
- Unclaimed property knowledge preferred
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel and Google Product Suite
- SQL knowledge preferred
- Master's degree preferred
- Cryptocurrency knowledge preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.