As part of the Product team you will be the creator, embassador and master of the interaction and visual design for the platform, setting the tone of how data suppliers and data consumers engage in business on our marketplace.
Product is a small and growing team that recognizes the importance of adding expertise in interaction design, visual design, and user research to work closely with engineering and product management to create an innovative, usable, visually appealing, distinct products that our users will love to use. Responsibilities
- Knowing and understanding the customer through direct user research as well as through stakeholder research
- Developing a portfolio of personas to serve as the focus of a user-centric product philosophy
- Authoring and applying a visual design signature and interaction design standards
- Hosting collaborative sessions that facilitate the creative thinking process with stakeholders to drive innovation
- Applying the design signature and standards to user scenarios by way of sketches, storyboards, journey maps, hi-fidelity mockups, prototypes, and/or animations
- Producing polished final deliverables in various media that effectively communicate the vision and requirements for discreet projects to internal and external stakeholders
- Growing your skills and expertise as well as the Crux design team in a manner that directly supports the company's aspirations
- An online portfolio in addition to resume. Submissions without a portfolio included will not be considered.
- BA/BS degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of industry experience, fintech experience a plus
- Demonstrated experience in crafting delightful digital interfaces
- Demonstrated visual design sensibilities as they relate to applying a brand to digital experiences
- Proficient with industry standard design tools (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch).
- Experience implementing visual and interaction design systems in an iterative software development environment
- Experience conducting user research
- Excellent problem-solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints and limitations as they apply to designing for platforms
- Proven ability to act as a leader in communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale, all within a user-centered design process
- Must be self-motivated to prioritize and manage workload and meet critical project deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationships