We are looking for a talented User Researcher with strong B2B experience in user research and product design. If you have a passion for crafting polished user experiences and a meticulous eye for detail, you're a perfect fit. As a User Researcher, you will play an integral role in our team, helping us reach our goal of "making data delightful". With experience at the heart of our product, we ask that you have extensive knowledge of UX concept development and implementation paired with a critical, deliberating ideation process. Along with these skills, being able to cleanly direct discussions that reflect practical, focused UX thinking is a must.
- Work closely with product and UI/UX teams to help identify room for design improvement and determine research priorities.
- Regular prototyping and wireframing with a strong focus on iterative improvement without sacrificing design principles.
- Communicate with product and management teams to determine design objectives and how to best meet them.
- Drive UX thinking in all aspects of product, even in areas sometimes neglected by UX such as information architecture.
- Independently conduct user research and ensure that user feedback is useful and well-used. This includes leveraging user data to cautiously validate or discount designs
- Manage regular heuristic evaluations of the product, taking thought leadership on UX mindfulness to ensure evaluations result in continuously improving experiences.
- BA/BS in relevant field or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of interactive design, user research and UX design experience in a production software engineering environment, ideally in financial services
- Prototyping expertise with the ability to quickly generate wireframes and iterate upon them.
- Background in qualitative design methods driven by design thinking.
- Experience with performing formal and informal user research to understand customers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills that translate to compelling and competent presentations of design rationale.