Software Engineering Manager | HealthCare Startup | New York
Our client is helping people get the smiles they always wanted at prices they can afford. By simplifying the process (direct-to-consumer) and reducing costs (by up to 65% less), they can help more people feel confident and healthy. They believe that high quality dental care should be affordable and accessible. Their team includes startup veterans with experience across healthcare, hospitality, tech, and finance at companies such as Lyft, Squarespace, WeWork, Blue Apron, and Clover Health.
They are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to build and grow our engineering team. You will recruit, hire, and mentor engineers across their stack, including UI, mobile, infrastructure, architecture, and data. You will be responsible for guiding the team through the design and delivery of their core applications and for developing sound technical solutions that will allow us to scale the business as we grow. In addition, you will partner cross-functionally with our product, design, and marketing teams. You will report directly to their VP of Engineering.
- Manage and mentor a squad of engineers
- Recruit and help grow the engineering team
- Additional third-party tools such as Stripe, Cloudflare and others to simplify services such as payments, CDN, etc
- Wide use of open source tools
- 3 years minimum experience as an Engineering Manager / Tech Lead
- Experience working across the stack
- Experience working with growth and product teams to meet business needs
- Fluency in the mechanics of the internet, including TCP/IP, DNS, caching
- Fluency in one or more of software language
- Proven engineering skills in a consumer-focused business
Get in touch to learn more: email@example.com