Software Engineer | Frontend React | Social Networking Startup NY!
Our client is on a mission to make companies more open and connected. Their platform connects professionals with colleagues in their industry to have candid and relevant workplace conversations, with many users describing the platform as a "Twitter meets LinkedIn". They've focused on proving their incredible engagement stats, and they're just getting started on scaling the platform to the rest of the professional world. Role
As a Software Engineer, you will own the development of the web application, which will be based on their current successful mobile platform. You will consistently collaborate with product, engineering, and marketing teams to develop the best web framework. Your work will enable millions of professionals to have candid, open conversation with others in their industry. Responsibilities
- Own the development of the web application
- Support growth, product, and marketing team members to run a/b testing, test feasibility of UX designs, and other projects that support product development
- Collaborate and communicate with product-oriented founders to execute against a broad set of goals, and help guide the technological foundation upon which their next generation of products will be built
- Collaborate with an expert team of remote engineers
- B.S. in computer science, statistics, mathematics or similar technical degree
- 5+ years of experience in software development - expertise in angular and react highly preferred
- Experience building large-scale consumer-facing products
- Natural desire to produce clean code - you have a tendency to QA your code before sending off to QA
- Experience with Agile/Scrum and balancing a process that's results-oriented with a track record of delivering features and functionality on time with high quality
- Keen attention to detail - you're an expert at creating pixel perfect results
- Ability to articulate technical decisions to key product and business stakeholders
- An interest in consumer products and a passion for community building
- Curiosity, and a willingness to learn and talk about emerging technologies
- Ownership. This is the first full-time Frontend Engineer position. You establish the standard for what success looks like in this role.
- Join a Series-A stage company, backed and advised by world-class investors behind startup unicorns like Slack and Snapchat.
- Competitive Salary, along with Competitive Equity (Stock Option) Plans.
- Full Healthcare Coverage
- $500 contribution to classes or self-improvement.