We are searching on behalf of our client - a Machine Learning startup in New York who have raised their Series A
The company has an awesome team, with the cutting edge Computer Vision and Machine Learning being pushed on by the ex Chief Scientist from Twitter!
Here's some more info:
Their backend systems power a network of thousands of picture frames across the world to deliver cherished family photos - the right photo at the right time. They apply state-of-the-art computer vision and machine learning technology to thousands of photos every day to automatically sort and curate our users' libraries.
They use Python to operate our data science stack in AWS. They utilize Caffe, Dlib, PyTorch and OpenCV to build Their systems. They have a fleet of p2.xlarge instances that scales in real-time with user engagement. Their product-facing JSON API is built in Ruby on Rails, which forwards requests to the Python services using SQS.
An ideally qualified candidate will have many or all of the following:
- 3+ years experience with Python
- Experience with cloud-based DevOps in AWS
- Experience or desire to learn about ML and other data science technologies, including:
- ML frameworks including Caffe, Dlib, PyTorch
- Computer vision frameworks including OpenCV
- A desire to help identify and prioritize problems and opportunities within the technology stack
- Willingness to work with mobile and web application developers to solve problems and build features in internal APIs
- A data, logging, and instrumentation-based mindset to triage and problem solving
Compensation circa $200k + unlimited PTO + equity