IO Global, creator of the Cardano blockchain platform, is searching for a Financial Business Modeller to join the Commercial team.
Our Commercial team develops strategic partnerships and commercial opportunities for IO Global's infrastructure, product, and service divisions. The Commercial Team plays a crucial role in strategic initiatives, including but not limited to, country entry, client proof of concepts, client implementations for governments and enterprise, company strategy, product commercialization, and key strategic partnerships.
The team is diverse in background, skillset, and geographical distribution. The team follows the principles espoused in General Stanley McChrystal's book Team of Teams to empower members to do their best work in an industry and business landscape that is fast-paced and always evolving. As a member of this team you will be required to contribute to projects and lead initiatives with a high degree of autonomy and be focused on results. You will also be required to proactively build relationships, coach and support the people around you, and be forward thinking in helping the department and company to expand.Your mission
In this role you will work with stakeholders across the business in the development of sophisticated economic models that highlight risks and opportunities to support data-driven decision-making. In partnership with commercial leadership, you will develop robust business cases in support of commercial activities and will assist with corporate initiatives, including financial modeling for company acquisitions (M&A). You must be comfortable dealing directly with functional teams and departments, must have a passion for data analysis, financial modeling, and strategy, and be able to communicate at all levels of the business in support of organizational goals.
Your duties will include:
- Create pro forma and cash flow models to assess the economics of a commercial initiative
- Build financial models to show the effect of transactions
- Lead well-coordinated due diligence efforts with respect to acquisitions and new business pursuits
- Understand operational delivery plans and turn those plans into multi-year financial projections
- Provide counsel to operational leaders by applying extensive business experience and knowledge
- Understand the interdependencies and business drivers within and between operational groups and business functions
- Create detailed spreadsheet models for opportunities showing multi-year financial projections on both a GAAP and cash-flow basis
- Prepare documentation, recommendations, and presentations for review and approval by senior management
- Develop ad hoc tools and models where necessary to assist operational leaders in the execution of business plans
- Understand and lead the development of customer value propositions
- Serve as a trusted strategic partner and resource to leaders during and after business case approval to monitor and assist with realization of a business case
- Manage complex agreement creation processes
- Work closely with the commercial team to articulate customer requirements, business cases, and agreement value to stakeholders.
- Advanced skills in MS Office. Expert knowledge of MS Excel, including pivot tables and advanced formulas
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree with an emphasis in accounting or finance. MBA preferred
- Minimum of seven years' progressive business experience.
IO Global is a fully distributed organization and therefore this is a remote position. Due to team distribution we are ideally looking for someone in a European time zone for this role. All Colleagues
- Flexible schedule
- Remote work - ability to work anywhere
- Laptop reimbursement
- New starter package to buy hardware essentials (headphones, monitor, etc)
- Udemy for Business
- Competitive PTO and Sick Leave plan
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits coverage through Anthem with 100% premium cost covered by IO Global for the employee and dependents
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- Monthly Health Stipend to use towards any wellness or medical coverage/service