Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle's platform has supported over 100 million transactions worth tens of billions of dollars, with nearly 10 million retail customers, over a thousand businesses, while storing and securing more than $5 billion in digital currency assets. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which together with Coinbase and the Centre Consortium oversees the standards and protocol for what has become the fastest growing, regulated, fully-reserved stablecoin. USDC now stands at well over $10 billion market cap and is adding nearly $300 million net new digital dollars in circulation every week. Today, Circle's transactional services, business accounts, and platform APIs are giving rise to a new generation of financial services and commerce applications that hold the promise of raising global economic prosperity for all through programmable internet commerce. What you'll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce, Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity. What you'll be responsible for:
As a Senior Manager, Risk Operations, you'll join a data-driven risk team focused on helping Circle scale its products while providing the best possible customer experience and mitigating the associated risks. You will play a critical role in evolving our risk operations at Circle and growing the team. We're looking for ambitious, highly motivated individuals who are seeking a collaborative, iterative, and fast-paced environment. What you'll work on:
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Develop relationships and work with many key stakeholders, both internally and externally, to manage Circle's fraud risk effectively.
- Manage a team of risk analysts and risk operational activities that include but are not limited to; merchant onboarding, transaction monitoring, dispute management & customer support.
- Manage and maintain strong relationships with all payment processing partners.
- Oversee all customers' risk & fraud related requests.
- Ensure merchant education on optimal fraud and chargeback management to support them.
- Develop operational fraud risk management programs, policies, procedures and internal controls to reduce fraud risk on Circle's platform and across our portfolio of merchants.
- Design, calculate, monitor and achieve Risk KPIs, SLAs and goals.
- Monitor Circle and merchant performance under associated risk requirements.
- Create and maintain all risk related documentation.
- Make contributions to all risk dashboards that deliver valuable insights for enabling data-driven decision making.
- Lead, mentor and grow a high-performing team
- Support all Risk Team workload where required (i.e onboarding, customer support, troubleshooting, dispute management, etc).
What you'll bring to Circle:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
- 6+ years of experience in fraud risk people management in the payments industry.
- Strong stakeholder management skills including navigating difficult situations, negotiating deadlines, and influencing internal and external stakeholders across organizations and regions.
- Project management skills and a proven track record for building and scaling programs from the ground up.
- An analytical approach to decision-making. You are analytical, objective and skilled at using metrics to drive decisions.
- A self starter. Ability to take initiative and find creative and scalable ways to solve problems.
- Strong knowledge of payment industry requirements (cards & ACH) for payment facilitators.
- Merchant onboarding & dispute management experience in payment processing.
- Proven track record of coaching and mentorship.
- Experience using SQL.
We are an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.