Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world .
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
At Coinbase, our vision is to build an open financial system for the world, and to get there we'll need to continually learn from our data. Our team provides APIs and user interfaces to interact with the blockchain data. We tackle unique and brand new sets of challenges laying the groundwork to shape the blockchain analytics space. As cryptocurrencies gain more adoption, the incredible potential of this market is being unlocked.
Our product empowers our compliance and investigations teams to make sure our users are protected from bad actors. We also help product teams make data-driven decisions by analyzing the crypto-asset movements to/from Coinbase and execute more efficiently. We dig deep into various blockchain technologies to understand their intricacies and improve our product continuously.
As a blockchain researcher, you will be responsible for leading the research on adding new blockchain technologies into the Coinbase Analytics platform. This requires a deep understanding of different types of protocols, identifying the transaction patterns of addresses on different networks and finding external data sources to validate these hypotheses programmatically. What you'll be doing (ie. job duties):
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Research new assets and entities in the blockchain ecosystem and translate findings into action items for product development
- Prototype new blockchain analytics, using machine learning or rule based models to enhance Coinbase's understanding of fund movements on the blockchain
- Maintain clear documentation, data dictionaries, runbooks and code/scripts of heuristics to collaborate with other data scientists and engineers effectively.
- Work closely with the Crypto team and asset developers to provide blockchain analytics support for each asset on the platform.
- Keep the engineering team up to date with protocol changes, developments and forks, as well as novel transaction patterns seen on the assets we support.
- Discover and add new effective data sources that complement existing heuristics to improve our data coverage and quality.
- Support external clients or vendors to solve problems, acquire data, and improve relationships
Nice to haves:
- Experience developing methods and programs to parse, process, analyze, and comprehend large data sets
- Experience in data analyses using SQL
- Familiarity with a scripting language such as Python
- Familiarity with major blockchain technologies and technical developments in the ecosystem
- Ability to pick up complex subjects and clearly communicate to the rest of the team.