Elliptic is the world's leading Blockchain intelligence company. We identify illicit activity on the Bitcoin blockchain, and our clients include financial institutions and law enforcement agencies.What's the role?
Elliptic is looking for an ambitious, passionate data professional to research and design algorithms for our cutting-edge blockchain analysis platforms. We leverage open source technologies but have also built our own high-performance, in-memory data pipeline and analytics engine. This is a full-time role in our London office.
What you'll do:
- Conduct independent research to uncover signs of illicit financial activity and deanonymise bad actors
- Run experiments to evaluate new features and heuristics
- Work with engineers to turn pertinent analyses into production-ready algorithms for client facing products
- Collaborate with other data scientists and engineers to enhance and develop our data science toolkit
Bonus points for:
- 2+ years' relevant industry experience
- Deep knowledge of some of the major data science tools and frameworks for large datasets (e.g. python, pandas, skit-learn, R, spark, sparkML...)
- Good knowledge of Scala/ Java required
- Good knowledge of data analysis relevant to the blockchain - think network/graph theory
- A strong, quantitative degree (computer science, maths, physics,...), PhD preferred
- Passion for exploration, experimentation and building with large data sets
- Strong coding skills in at least one language
- Experience relating to AML, fraud detection or forensics
- Appetite for discussions about economics, money, identity and privacy
- Interest in Bitcoin
- Share options
- Private health insurance
- Shiny new laptop
- Coffee and beer!
Elliptic is not a traditional financial services firm. We pride ourselves on having a laid-back and friendly ethos, while still expecting great things from our team. Fascinating work is the norm - working at Elliptic is never boring!
No recruitment agencies please.