Back To All Jobs Senior Backend Engineer - Internal Tools
San Francisco, CA
Our vision is to bring more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity to the world by building an open financial system. Our first step on that journey is making digital currency accessible and approachable for everyone. Two principles guide our efforts. First, be the most trusted company in our domain. Second, create user-focused products that are easier and more delightful to use.
The tools team is a critical part of that vision - we build software and services that help people at Coinbase operate more efficiently. Our motto is 'automate all the things', and we need you to help us build high quality workflow tools to be a force multiplier for our partners in legal, finance, compliance, support and operations. You'll interface with machine learning systems, application services, data stores and data warehouses to build the best in class financial operational tools.
One of the best things about working on the tools team is that your customers are a few desks away - you'll get direct and immediate feedback (and high fives) when you make improvements. If you enjoy working autonomously across the stack, automating things, turning data pipelines into actions and being close to your customers, this role is a great fit for you. Responsibilities
- Work closely with your customers at Coinbase to understand their needs and build high quality workflow tools that act as a force multiplier for our team.
- Write scalable and performant backend services that talk to our machine learning systems, application services, data stores and React frontend.
- Work with engineers, product managers and senior leadership to turn our vision into a tangible roadmap every quarter.
- Add positive energy in every meeting or interaction with your coworkers - it's one of the things that makes Coinbase a great place to work at.
Nice to Haves
- You have at least 4 years of experience in building and shipping high quality software projects.
- You've designed, built, scaled and maintained services that conform to an SoA or microservice architecture.
- You're comfortable diving into a React front-end stack on occasion (or are willing to learn).
- You're passionate about building an open financial system that brings the world together.
- You've built Ruby on Rails applications or React-driven frontends
- You've worked on data pipelines or with data tools like Redshift, SQL, Tableau, Looker.
- You have experience building tools for operational teams like customer success, compliance or fraud.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.