Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle's platform has supported over 100 million transactions worth tens of billions of dollars, with nearly 10 million retail customers, over a thousand businesses, while storing and securing more than $5 billion in digital currency assets. Circle is also the creator of USD Coin (USDC), the fastest growing, regulated, dollar, which is quickly approaching 10 billion in circulation, growing over 1000% year over year. Today, Circle's transactional services, business accounts, and platform APIs are giving rise to a new generation of financial services and commerce applications that hold the promise of raising global economic prosperity for all through programmable internet commerce. What you'll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce, Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity. What you'll be responsible for:
Circle is looking for an experienced SEC and Technical Accounting leader to help us build out the external reporting function. This is a critical new role and function and you will be empowered to build out a best in class external reporting function. What you'll work on:
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Design and scale the company's end to end external reporting process.
- Prepare a process for submitting high quality Form 10-K and Form 10-Q filings in a timely manner including financial statements, MD&A and disclosures.
- Stay current on changes to Accounting Standards Codifications (ASC) and SEC regulations and evaluate and communicate impact on company's financial reporting.
- Lead implementation and configuration of reporting software such as Workiva or similar system to streamline external reporting.
- Maintain and update key technical accounting policies of the company and conduct accounting research on complex accounting and reporting matters.
- Maintain the company's GAAP checklist and ensure the company's financial statements remain current with latest requirements.
- Provide inputs to external and internal audit processes and act as key point of contact on technical accounting issues.
- Review financial information included in the company's external communications to regulators and investors.
- Work closely with the broader finance team to ensure consistent implementation of accounting guidance and disclosure requirements for budgeting, forecasting and internal reporting.
- Help to prepare for and support SOX compliance requirements and appropriate disclosures for SOX 302 quarterly certification and process for SOX 404 reporting.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance and CPA qualified.
- 12+ years of relevant work experience, ideally with both Big 4 public accounting experience and SEC reporting experience with a publicly-traded company.
- Strong technical knowledge of U.S. GAAP and SEC accounting and reporting requirements.
- Strong communicator and proven ability to work cross functionally.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience researching and documenting disclosure guidance and the accounting treatment of complex issues and communicating them across the organization.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and strategic-thinking skills.
- Excellent time management, organizational, and project management skills.
- Experience with SOX and internal controls over financial reporting.
- Advanced proficiency with XBRL reporting and utilizing software tools (e.g Workiva) to manage filings.
- Driven to add value and continuously seek opportunities for improvement both individually and as a team.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and adapting to change.
We are an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.