Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle's platform has supported over 100 million transactions worth tens of billions of dollars, with nearly 10 million retail customers, over a thousand businesses, while storing and securing more than $5 billion in digital currency assets. Circle is also the creator of USD Coin (USDC), the fastest growing, regulated, dollar, which is quickly approaching 10 billion in circulation, growing over 1000% year over year. Today, Circle's transactional services, business accounts, and platform APIs are giving rise to a new generation of financial services and commerce applications that hold the promise of raising global economic prosperity for all through programmable internet commerce. What you'll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce, Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. What you'll be responsible for:
In 2020, Circle unveiled Circle APIs : a set of solutions and smarter technology to help businesses accept payments in a more global, scalable and efficient alternative to traditional banking rails (spoiler: we're using USD Coin
under the hood).
Over the next 12 months, we're going to rapidly grow our API customer base and enable even more businesses to easily integrate and benefit from the breakthrough of programmable money on the internet.
The Circle Security Team works to protect Circle; our customers, clients, and partners; and the financial markets upon which we rely. The security team leads the company's programs for information security and cybersecurity, business continuity, and vendor risk management.
As a member of this team, you'll lead projects and be responsible for key deliverables of the security program while collaborating across Circle teams. You will continue to learn and stay current in a fun and rapidly changing environment. What you'll work on:
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Work with system owners to proactively generate and collect the desired logs and other telemetry
- Work with system owners to reactively collect event artifacts for investigation as well as to contain, respond to and recover from incidents
- Configure and maintain security monitoring tools such as antivirus or intrusion detection solutions
- Use tools such as AWS Athena, AWS GuardDuty, AWS Cloudwatch, AWS Lambda, and ELK to record, monitor, and alert on security events
- Research and recommend new tools in support of business requirements
- Respond to incidents and collaborate across teams to investigate and resolve
- Escalate and report on incidents in accordance with policy and operational requirements
- Conduct forensics analysis on artifacts collected during incident response
- Respond to incident reports from various sources
- Hunt for incidents and identify environment-specific indicators of compromise
- Take on-call shifts to respond to critical alerts after-hours
- Support other security team projects such as threat modeling, vulnerability scanning, and audits
- Support the development and enhancement of controls based on incident response and threat hunting
- Influence the continuous improvement of the digital forensics and incident response program
What you'll bring to Circle:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
- Enthusiasm for scalable, reproducible security management
- Self-motivated and creative problem-solver able to work independently with minimal guidance
- Strong ability to work collaboratively across teams during high-stress situations
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and use good judgement to establish order of priorities on the fly
- Deep knowledge of SIEM solutions, threat hunting, incident response, and incident management
- Familiarity with standards such as ISO 27001/27002 or the NIST Cybersecurity Framework desirable
- Experience working in financial services or financial technology desired
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, cybersecurity or related field; equivalent experience also accepted
- Certifications such as CISSP, GCFA, GNFA, GCIA, GCIH or similar will receive favorable consideration but are not required
- 3+ years of experience as a security engineer, site reliability engineer, or systems engineer with a minimum of two years (can be overlapping) with a focus on cybersecurity
- Experience working in an AWS environment required
- Ability to use Python to automate repetitive tasks
If you find it rewarding to see your work scale through automation, are interested in building something meaningful, and would love to work in an entrepreneurial environment, we can't wait to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.