Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world .
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role. About Coinbase Design Systems
The Design Systems team at Coinbase plays a critical role in executing on our vision to create more economic freedom for the world, and is at the center of execution for products across the entirety of the company. We're building the most secure, trusted, and easiest to use cryptocurrency products for the millions of people just getting started with crypto, as well as long-standing loyal customers with advanced knowledge of the cryptocurrency space.
We're looking for a Design Program Manager to join the Design & Research organization. You will be responsible for the execution and success of one large or multiple smaller programs that are critical to Coinbase's product strategy. What You'll Be Doing (i.e., Job Duties)
What We Look For In You (ie. Job Requirements)
- Oversee large scale projects that are highly complex & cross functional in nature
- Ensure cross functional alignment of goals & execution of release schedules for product initiatives
- Be accountable for roadmap delivery including adoption and success criteria as defined by your stakeholders
- Collaborate with external & internal stakeholders (Product Design, Product Management, Engineering , Brand & Marketing, etc) to gather business requirements and define objectives
- Manage requirements documentation, milestone mapping, prioritization, and communication across product functions to facilitate project collaboration and to drive outcomes
- Create and maintain thorough functional specs, project plans, and team roadmaps
- Monitor program status and proactively identify issues and risks. Succinctly communicate issues to relevant stakeholders and proactively collaborate with partners to ensure timely resolution.
- Proactively identify opportunities to build and improve team processes
- Lead production of design assets associated with a wide-reaching and holistic exploration of Coinbase's design and brand systems.
- Establish the Coinbase Design's production function by developing scalable ways of working that make for smooth and efficient processes.
- Implement tools and systems that scale production responsibilities across Design.
- Collaborate with Legal and Finance teams to develop a scalable system for writing and approving contracts.
- Create a strong, global freelance network that is shared across the Design & Research org and represents diversity of skill sets, backgrounds, locations, and approaches.
- Partner closely with the Design Manager and VP of Design to scope work, define budgets, and propose resourcing for multiple high profile projects in 2021.
- Produce photo and video shoots that create Conbase's library of evergreen, bespoke images.
- Partner with internal Designers, Design Managers, and Strategists to understand goals, scope, and creative direction as new concepts are being developed.
- Oversee resourcing and budgeting for the Visual Design Studio.
Nice to haves
- 7+ years of relevant design operations, program management, or project management experience working within a product or design organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders in order to drive alignment
- Enjoy solving hard problems and can turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into action plans
- Able to manage multiple stakeholders and priorities simultaneously
- Ability to execute within timelines, and deliver projects on time and on budget.
- You have the highest quality standards and expect the same of those working with you.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced and highly creative environment and define complex programs with multiple workstreams.
- Highly skilled at organizing and planning; you adeptly navigate schedules and budget considerations; and you work in an efficient and productive manner.
- Ability to scale up design team processes, communications, and delivery methods.
- Low ego, collaborative, positive attitude, and open-minded
- Certification in Program Management or Project Management
- Experience working with Design Systems
- Knowledge about Cryptocurrency and Blockchain technology