Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle's platform has supported over 100 million transactions worth tens of billions of dollars, with nearly 10 million retail customers, over a thousand businesses, while storing and securing more than $5 billion in digital currency assets. Circle is also the creator of USD Coin (USDC), the fastest growing, regulated, dollar, which is quickly approaching 10 billion in circulation, growing over 1000% year over year. Today, Circle's transactional services, business accounts, and platform APIs are giving rise to a new generation of financial services and commerce applications that hold the promise of raising global economic prosperity for all through programmable internet commerce. What you'll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce, Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity. What you'll be responsible for:
As the VP, Payments Compliance, you will lead Circle's compliance efforts to meet the Company's strategic goals by driving compliance with the Payments Networks (VISA, MasterCard) rules and regulations, NACHA Rules, and other applicable U.S. and foreign payment rules and regulations. You will also oversee the design and enhancement of compliance with our state money transmitter license requirements. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated seasoned executive experienced in partnering with the business and other key stakeholders in building out and adhering to best practices for payments compliance. What you'll work on:
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Develop the company's compliance program that covers all of our payment activities, including acting as a third party sender for ACH and a payments facilitator under card network rules.
- Manage relationships with third party service providers of payment services (e.g., merchant monitoring, transaction laundering detection, reputation monitoring).
- Work closely with business partners and other key stakeholders to ensure proper controls are in place.
- Work closely with the compliance testing team and control partners to ensure those controls are appropriately tested.
- Work closely with issue management and reporting teams and control partners to ensure timely control remediation.
- Be the voice and subject matter expert to senior leadership and other stakeholders on all matters related to payments compliance.
- Work closely with regulatory partners to monitor and understand existing and evolving payments rules that apply to our business activities in all relevant U.S. and international geographies.
- Oversee and continue Circle's development of its compliance program for its state money transmitter licenses.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- Multi Stakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees, families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
- A passion for harnessing the power of digital currency and blockchain technology and services built on top of it.
- 15+ years of payments compliance experience, including in wires, ACH, and cards, including 10+ years leading and managing payments compliance functions.
- Detailed understanding of the Payment and Debit Network, NACHA and other related rules and regulations.
- J.D. and B.A./B.S. degrees.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to motivate and drive team performance excellence.
- Excellent decision making skills, bias for action and sound judgement.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to clearly communicate with and influence internal stakeholders, clients, payment and debit networks, and executive management
- Preferred education, skills and experience:
- Advanced degree in business or other industry-related field.
- Experience in and knowledge of cryptocurrency payment-related matters.
We are an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.