We are searching for a Developer Relations Specialist to join us at IO Global, creator of the Cardano blockchain platform. The role will focus on ETC Mantis, an open source, community-driven project. The role requires a lot of engagement with the community, hearing their feedback, participating in discussions, and supporting people by answering their queries.Your mission
You don't need to be a coder, but you should feel at home with blockchain technology, concepts, and terminology. We need someone with excellent organizational skills, and the ability to help define and implement a community engagement strategy. You will also be the 'face' for our development updates on social media, and coordinate the creation of technical content according to the features roadmap.
You will be someone who feels comfortable diving in and participating in our communications channels such as Reddit, Discord, and Twitter.
Your duties will include:
- Articulating and demonstrating the value of Cardano to developers propositions
- Identifying material to inform and educate the community about ETC Mantis
- Ensuring community guidelines are followed
- Generating discussions across community channels and social media
- Presenting IO Group externally (including presenting at conferences and meetups, and in podcasts)
- Advising, and supporting fellow community managers
- Creating content for blogs and other social media.
- A proactive, problem-solving attitude with a customer-focused mindset
- Good empathy and emotional intelligence skills
- Technical understanding of blockchain and open source projects
- An understanding of blockchain technologies and development languages, and tools such as Solidity, Truffle, and MetaMask
- Good communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely on paper or in person
- An ability to influence and evangelize at operational and leadership levels (especially among engineering and product management) and form positive technical partnership
- Able to work flexible hours to engage with our worldwide organization and customer base
- Mediation skills, such as addressing disputes between community members.
IO Global is a fully distributed organization and therefore this is a remote position. Due to team distribution we are ideally searching for someone within a European time zone for this role. All Colleagues
- Flexible schedule
- Remote work - ability to work anywhere
- Laptop reimbursement
- New starter package to buy hardware essentials (headphones, monitor, etc)
- Udemy for Business
- Competitive PTO and Sick Leave plan
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits coverage through Anthem with 100% premium cost covered by IO Global for the employee and dependents
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- Monthly Health Stipend to use towards any wellness or medical coverage/service