IO Group, creator of the Cardano blockchain, is searching for an experienced Director of Engineering to work closely with our chief technology officer to provide technical leadership to our projects. You will also be responsible for the day-to-day leadership of a team of engineers and therefore will have strong personal skills and people leadership experience. You will lead complex, multi-disciplinary engineering projects using your engineering expertise. You not only optimize your own code but make sure engineers are able to optimize theirs. Your mission
As Director of Engineering you manage your project goals, contribute to product strategy and help develop your team. Software engineering teams work across the company, in areas such as distributed computing, system design, networking, security, and user interface design.
Some of your duties may include:
- Re-prioritizing engineering organization goals and aligning them to the company's goals
- Working closely with software engineers, QA, product managers and other engineering teams to get high-quality products and features through the software project life cycle (build, test, and release on time)
- Working closely with the Product Management, Project Management, DevOps and Executive teams to deliver the product roadmap and strategy
- Working with the director of cybersecurity to implement security standards within the development process
- Working with the director of cryptographic engineering to implement cryptography best practices within products.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent people skills (taking care of your colleagues, high level of emotional intelligence)
- Strong ethics
As a leader at IO Group your mission is to motivate and develop your team members. You will empower your team to provide the best results by organizing clear processes and coordinating team efforts as your top priority.
You will manage the technical managers for all IO Group projects and will have between five and 10 people reporting to you. At least half of your time will be dedicated to people management, and you will participate in many alignment calls and individual meetings. RequirementsYour expertise
- Previous experience as a vice-president or director of engineering
- Proven track record of managing big teams and delivering multiple projects at the same time
- Expert in blockchain technologies, or at least in distributed computing
- Expert in agile and waterfall methodologies
- Expert in more than one language, preferably a functional language. One or more of C++, Golang, Rust, or Scala recommended
- Follows best practices and standards to deliver secure, quality software (testing automation, property-based testing, coding practices, etc)
- Solid experience in managing open source projects
- Jira experience - you will be using Jira daily in this role.
IO Global is a fully distributed organization and therefore this is a remote position. Applicants will be considered from any time zone.All Colleagues
- Flexible schedule
- Remote work - ability to work anywhere
- Laptop reimbursement
- New starter package to buy hardware essentials (headphones, monitor, etc)
- Udemy for Business
- Competitive PTO and Sick Leave plan
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits coverage through Anthem with 100% premium cost covered by IO Global for the employee and dependents
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- Monthly Health Stipend to use towards any wellness or medical coverage/service