Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle's platform has supported over 100 million transactions worth tens of billions of dollars, with nearly 10 million retail customers, over a thousand businesses, while storing and securing more than $5 billion in digital currency assets. Circle is also the creator of USD Coin (USDC), the fastest growing, regulated, dollar, which is quickly approaching 10 billion in circulation, growing over 1000% year over year. Today, Circle's transactional services, business accounts, and platform APIs are giving rise to a new generation of financial services and commerce applications that hold the promise of raising global economic prosperity for all through programmable internet commerce. What you'll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce, Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity. What you'll be responsible for:
Under the direction of the General Counsel, you will play an immediate and direct role in our corporate governance practice, advising the company on pertinent corporate requirements and best practices as we consider opportunities for growth . What you'll work on:
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Lead the preparation of periodic reports, proxy statements and other SEC filings, addressing disclosure, stock exchange, and corporate law requirements
- Review external communications, including press releases, investor presentations and other shareholder engagement activities
- Assist with Board matters, including coordinating, preparing, and distributing board/committee materials, agendas and minutes
- Develop and implement company policies and corporate governance programs
- Partner with the Talent and Finance teams on different topics, including drafting equity plan documents and intercompany agreements
- Provide legal support for Treasury and Accounting teams on capital markets activities, including the maintenance of credit facilities and other offerings, filings and financing arrangements
- Assist in M&A transactions, including drafting and negotiating term sheets and definitive agreements, conducting due diligence and advising on deal structures
What you'll bring to Circle:
- Multi Stakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
10+ years of legal experience with a strong knowledge of:
- advising clients on public company reporting, compliance, and corporate governance matters; as well as
- M&A transactions, including an understanding of M&A structures, deals, documents and legal issues.
Experience working with and presenting to SVP-level leadership.
You are passionate about financial technology and the disruptive potential of cryptocurrency and blockchains, are a team player with a sense of humour, and enjoy learning but also mentoring.
You are comfortable working in an evolving and growing environment that is prone to changes, and managing multiple projects simultaneously.
You apply sound, practical business judgment to your legal recommendations, and are creative at solving problems while balancing important legal risks for the business.
You can work autonomously and independently with minimal guidance but are also comfortable working collaboratively as part of a team.
You have a JD (or foreign equivalent degree) and active membership in at least one US State Bar. Prior in-house experience for at least 5 years a must, including public traded companies
We are an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.