Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle's platform has supported over 100 million transactions worth tens of billions of dollars, with nearly 10 million retail customers, over a thousand businesses, while storing and securing more than $5 billion in digital currency assets. Circle is also the creator of USD Coin (USDC), the fastest growing, regulated, dollar, which is quickly approaching 10 billion in circulation, growing over 1000% year over year. Today, Circle's transactional services, business accounts, and platform APIs are giving rise to a new generation of financial services and commerce applications that hold the promise of raising global economic prosperity for all through programmable internet commerce. What you'll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce, Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity. What you'll be responsible for:
Circle is looking for an exceptional Director, Accounting reporting to the Senior Director, Controller to help build and lead a world class accounting team. As a multi-entity, international company, the Director, Accounting works with multiple banking partners, processing platforms and varying currencies. The Director, Accounting will work closely with the engineering, product, business development, compliance team, financial reporting, and FP&A teams. What you'll work on:
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Lead and direct the day to day of the Accounting department including but not limited to month-end close, AP, AR/billing, and payroll
- Evaluate and recommend changes to financial and accounting policies, procedures, and systems to streamline and support rapid growth
- Planning, organizing and coordinating the year-end close process with internal and external auditors
- Be a liaison for the Accounting team and work cross-functionally with teams to support the growth of the business
- Identify accounting operations inefficiencies and solutions to current roadblocks leading to close delays
- Implementing an ERP system (Workday, Oracle, etc.) and complementing software (Floqast, Workiva, AuditBoard) that enable the company to scale
- Work with the controller to develop the strategic direction for our accounting and business systems to ensure the proper automation, auditability, and controls on our underlying data and records
- Hire, manage and train a high-performing accounting team on a day-to-day basis
What you'll bring to Circle:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of 8+ years of accounting experience with 2+ at a public company (Active CPA Required)
- Big four experience of 4+ years preferred
- Experience in a startup or high growth payment processor or fintech a plus
- Track record of implementing software and streamlining processes
- Prior experience significantly reducing days to close
- Organized, detailed, proactive, self-motivated, collaborative, multi-tasker, and creative
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to excel in a fast-paced environment is extremely important
- Ability to prioritize workloads and ensure tasks are completed timely
- High integrity and ability to handle confidential information
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Mac OSX and GSuite
We are an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.