IOG, creator of the Cardano blockchain platform, is searching for a Service Reliability Engineer to join our Service Reliability team. The team helps with the continuous integration and delivery of IOG projects, develops smaller projects used by the team in a variety of languages (Haskell, Rust, Python and Crystal to name a few) and deploys and maintains all production and public testing environments.
This particular role is part of an exciting new project. At IOG we do things that have never been done before in ways that have never been done before. We are looking for the very best people to join us, work with us and help us to change the world. If you are a problem-solver who is self-driven with a black belt in getting stuff done, we want to talk to you!
Our blockchain engineers, app developers, theorists and community managers are working together in a start-up-like environment to add collaboration tools to human processes and create a friendly and engaging experience.Your mission
You will be excited at the prospect of using Nix regularly, working with teams to find solutions and stay up to date with the latest and greatest build and deployment tools.
Here are some examples of the duties:
- Working on build and deployment cycles across all development environments
- Supporting the build, deployment, and configuration management for multi-tier applications
- Participating in the building of tools and processes to support the infrastructure
- Improving and maintaining tooling and scripts for automation purposes
- Developing tools in Haskell for exchanges and stake pools
- Supporting our teams to write software that is simple and flexible to configure and deploy
- Collaborating with agile teams to establish and maintain infrastructure for automated regression suites and performance testing
- Building capabilities to help development teams to be self-sufficient.
- Building and setting up development tools and infrastructure using AWS
- Hydra as a CI tool on Nix
- Excellent team working and communication skills
- Awareness of the best DevOps and agile principles
- Familiarity with Hashicorp's Nomad, Vault, and Consul tools.
IOG is a fully distributed organization and therefore this is a remote position. Due to team distribution we are ideally searching for someone based in a European time zone for this role.All Colleagues
- Flexible schedule
- Remote work - ability to work anywhere
- Laptop reimbursement
- New starter package to buy hardware essentials (headphones, monitor, etc)
- Udemy for Business
- Competitive PTO and Sick Leave plan
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits coverage through Anthem with 100% premium cost covered by IO Global for the employee and dependents
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- Monthly Health Stipend to use towards any wellness or medical coverage/service