Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world .
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Coinbase is searching for a Compensation Business Partner to support our rapidly growing Product, Engineering, and Design (PED) teams. This role will act as the face of our Compensation team to our PED teams. They will work with HR and PED Leaders across the entire employee lifecycle to ensure we are providing competitive and equitable compensation, consistent with our overall compensation philosophy, to attract and retain top talent. They will implement and administer our compensation program for our PED functions, and consult and lead on various PED compensation initiatives.
The right candidate thrives in a fast-paced, high growth culture that values strategic communication, teamwork and results. You are self-motivated and detail oriented with a very solid orientation to data analytics and project management. The key to success in this role will be a deep curiosity to understand what drives value in our business, and apply those learnings to operate and enhance our Compensation programs as needed.
This position reports to the Senior Manager of Compensation. If you are excited about working across our HR team to deliver on fast-paced and high impact integration projects, we'd love to talk to you! What you'll be doing (ie. job duties):
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Consulting with and influencing with HR Business Partners, Recruiting, and Managers + Leadership to help drive compensation decisions and strategy critical for our Product, Engineering, and Design functions
- Developing and presenting training materials related to our compensation programs, philosophy and strategy (along with other internal HR stakeholders) to ensure all employees have an appropriate understanding of our compensation program and their role in it
- Using external data and a strong understanding of our business, maintain a competitive and current job catalog for all of our Product, Engineering, and Design team
- Providing regular updates on industry trends and best practices to help ensure our overall Compensation strategy is highly competitive
- Partner with compensation colleagues to support the compensation team's internal data gathering, modeling, analytics, reporting, and insights, using benchmarking surveys to make sure our compensation approach is market-leading, scalable, and internally aligned
- Identify when our standard program is not meeting the needs of the business and proactively suggest improvements
- 7+ years of Compensation experience, with expert-level understanding of compensation survey data and providers, and industry best practices
- Fluent understanding of product, engineering and design functions, and specific experience providing compensation support in a fast-paced technology environment
- Experience creating and supporting global compensation programs and client groups
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to balancing upholding our Compensation philosophy and principles while problem solving for best business outcomes
- Excellent and effective story-telling skills, and ability to synthesize data and build compelling and crisp slide presentations and effectively communicate complex insights to non-technical audiences, including senior executive leadership
- Proven sense of autonomy to own relationships and drive work independently
- Strong curiosity to understand Coinbase's business and culture, and apply to your day-to-day recommendations
- Familiarity with the tech and/or financial services industry in a private or public company setting
- Very detail oriented and customer service focused