Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle's platform has supported over 100 million transactions worth tens of billions of dollars, with nearly 10 million retail customers, over a thousand businesses, while storing and securing more than $5 billion in digital currency assets. Circle is also the creator of USD Coin (USDC), the fastest growing, regulated, dollar, which is quickly approaching 10 billion in circulation, growing over 1000% year over year. Today, Circle's transactional services, business accounts, and platform APIs are giving rise to a new generation of financial services and commerce applications that hold the promise of raising global economic prosperity for all through programmable internet commerce. What you'll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce, Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity. What you'll be responsible for:
We're looking for an Accounts Payable Manager who is self-motivated, has an eye for detail and a customer first mindset to join our growing accounting team. You will ensure the accounts payable and employee reimbursement process is streamlined, timely, and accurate in utilizing Concur AP SAP software. The real world operational accounting experience you will acquire in a rapid growth environment will be invaluable to your development as an accounting professional. What you'll work on:
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Support the US and international accounts payable processes, ensure invoices are accurately recorded and approved vendor invoices are paid on time to provide the company's internal and external stakeholders with a high level of service.
- Review Concur invoice and purchase order workflow on a daily basis to ensure invoice approvals are gathered, new vendors created and purchase orders issued.
- Manage the employee reimbursement process in Concur and verify all transactions are valid business expenses with appropriate backup.
- Reconcile all corporate cards on a monthly basis and ensure the corporate account remains in good standing.
- Perform month-end accrual analysis after hard close of AP.
- Prepare and perform weekly electronic payments runs (wires/ACHs) compiling all supporting documentation and distributing payment remittances to vendors.
- Monitor compliance with the internal purchasing and employee expense reimbursement policy.
- Demonstrate a drive for excellence for your customers by responding in a timely manner to vendors and internal stakeholders to address accounts payable inquiries.
- Perform 1099 and 1042S filings on an annual basis.
- Maintain the master vendor record workbook and appropriate documentation for vendor onboarding.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
- 7+ years relevant accounting experience ideally supporting the accounts payable function.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance preferred but not required
- Flexibility to work independently and cross functionally with teams in a fast-paced, high volume environment with an emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Collaborative team player, while also capable of doing self-directed/self-initiated work.
- Passion for delivering high quality outcomes for the accounting team's internal and external customers.
- Experience in the financial services or payment processing industries is a plus.
- Expert in Concur SAP Required
We are an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.