We are searching for an experienced Scala Software Engineer to work in our Atala team here at IOG, developers of the Cardano blockchain platform.
As part of the Atala enterprise suite,, we are developing Prism, a digital identity and verifiable credentials product. We are building a platform with a solid technical foundation that can be tailored for many applications. The team is currently developing and delivering its product to the Georgian and Ethiopian governments. In this context, you will join a fast-paced environment where the challenges lie in handling numerous product and commercial requests.
We are redefining and standardizing the concept of digital identity, leveraging the capabilities of Cardano and many other technologies. To further our goals and address the business demand for Prism, we need to expand and structure our technical team.Your mission
In Atala, we own the solution end-to-end, designing and implementing protocols, services, applications, as well as infrastructure and deployment plans. The core team is six engineers. You will contribute to the design and development of the strong, robust and scalable architecture of our backend.
For this purpose, we need an experienced engineer who can research, design and develop innovative solutions to position IOG and Atala as leaders in digital identity and bring positive change to many.
Here are some examples of the duties:
- Follow agile software development practices
- Work with teams across time zones
- Work independently on software development tasks
- Review specifications produced by architects and formal methods specialists
- Contribute to the design of algorithms
- Write clean, straightforward, efficient code that satisfies acceptance criteria and specifications
- Commit often and submit small pull requests frequently
- Cover your code with unit, property and integration tests when applicable
- Review the pull requests of your team mates
- Fix bugs in your own code and in legacy code from others
- Be available for emergency fixing of severe issues on deployed products
- Integrate software components and third-party libraries
- Verify and deploy programs and systems
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software
- Write documentation for the code
- Write technical user manuals
- Update your knowledge of distributed and concurrent computation.
- Experience with Scala. You must have deployed and maintained production Scala code bases
- An ability to comprehend research papers and translate them into initial software designs.
IOG is a fully distributed organization and therefore this is a remote position.All Colleagues
- Flexible schedule
- Remote work - ability to work anywhere
- Laptop reimbursement
- New starter package to buy hardware essentials (headphones, monitor, etc)
- Udemy for Business
- Competitive PTO and Sick Leave plan
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits coverage through Anthem with 100% premium cost covered by IO Global for the employee and dependents
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- Monthly Health Stipend to use towards any wellness or medical coverage/service