Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle's platform has supported over 100 million transactions worth tens of billions of dollars, with nearly 10 million retail customers, over a thousand businesses, while storing and securing more than $5 billion in digital currency assets. Circle is also the creator of USD Coin (USDC), the fastest growing, regulated, dollar, which is quickly approaching 10 billion in circulation, growing over 1000% year over year. Today, Circle's transactional services, business accounts, and platform APIs are giving rise to a new generation of financial services and commerce applications that hold the promise of raising global economic prosperity for all through programmable internet commerce. What you'll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce, Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity. What you'll be responsible for:
As an Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Investigator, you'll join our AML and Sanctions Team helping detect suspicious/illegal behaviours and patterns with a focus on the Suspicious Activity Reporting (SAR) process. In this role, you will investigate customer activity on Circle products and follow Circle policy and standards, as well as compliance obligations in determining course of action. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, inquisitive individual with a background in AML compliance, who enjoys analytical challenges and isn't afraid of large datasets. What you'll work on:
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Conduct comprehensive investigations of potentially suspicious activities such as money laundering, terrorist financing, fraud, sanctions violations, etc. and determine required action.
- Draft and file SARs to enforcement networks, and document decisions not to file a SAR - exercise independent judgment and discretion handling sensitive cases.
- Perform transaction monitoring alert reviews and sanctions hit reviews to be able to identify when activity requires further investigation.
- Assist with customer onboarding to determine the relative risk of customers and their transactions as required.
- Come up with ideas and insights on how we can enhance and improve current procedures and controls.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
- Bachelor's degree, Graduate Degree in Law, Business, or Intelligence Studies a plus.
- 3+ years of experience working for a financial institution on AML investigations, ideally conducting blockchain investigations.
- Strong analysis skills, attention to detail and organization skills.
- Experience analyzing large transactional data sets; SQL experience is a plus.
- Good communication skills and ability to develop relationships across the organization and collaborate.
- Experience working with blockchain forensic tools (e.g., Chainalysis, Elliptic).
- Proven experience filing SARs; knowledge of SAR filing best practices.
- Work well under pressure and tight deadlines.
- CAMS or CFCS certification is a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.